Poll: Double turn

Double turn?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. U like double turn?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That may be so, but I never said I blame the double turn, just that I currently don’t like it from the experience I had.

And if you want to know more see my first post on the double turn

I already read it, but this experience you just told makes me think it's more a question of you blaming your bad experiences on Double Turn instead of looking at the decisions in game that may have lead to said bad experience.

That's why I wrote a game mechanism isn't bad or good in itself : to me, it's more a question of players who made bad or good decisions during the game that lead to bad experiences. Attitude play a role too ; if you're a bad sport and act like a ******, no matter the game system, the game is most likely to be experienced poorly by the player involved. And it doesn't matter if one of the players blame it on the game system itself, it will still be him deciding to play the game as he did with the attitude he had.

Rather than blaming the game, look at yourself first. Then blame the game if you wish it so.

18 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

I already read it, but this experience you just told makes me think it's more a question of you blaming your bad experiences on Double Turn instead of looking at the decisions in game that may have lead to said bad experience.

That's why I wrote a game mechanism isn't bad or good in itself : to me, it's more a question of players who made bad or good decisions during the game that lead to bad experiences. Attitude play a role too ; if you're a bad sport and act like a ******, no matter the game system, the game is most likely to be experienced poorly by the player involved. And it doesn't matter if one of the players blame it on the game system itself, it will still be him deciding to play the game as he did with the attitude he had.

Rather than blaming the game, look at yourself first. Then blame the game if you wish it so.

I mean that’s a great point and definitely something we can consider putting into many game system,

still that isn’t chancing my own distaste to the current existing double turn.

like stated before I have never yet seen that tactical genius most people tend to state they have seen.

i’ve taken part at 25 tournaments since this edition had its run and played between that around the 200ish more games (casual and competitive, although in the end it went more towards the casual direction).

and still I have not met those conditions, maybe its because I play the wring army, list or my opponent was just playing the game wrong, very aggressively etc. 

but in the end with all the factors I have so far seen and witnessed, I don’t like the current double turn as it is.

that doesn’t mean I believe that it has to go outright, I personally just believe the benefits of not having the double turn or the negative of taking the double turn should be somewhat higher then it currently is.

maybe gw has found a way to do so for 4th but without knowing or having played the fourth edition I’ll stick with the third edition and just state as the current double turn is I personally don’t like it

(Oh and by inbetween that I mean I’ve played 200 ish non tournament/event games during the third edition +the 68 games of conpetitive games (games I participated at tournaments)

Edited by Skreech Verminking