March for 4th Edition - A journey of painting things

There's a internet craze around this time of year, started many years ago by Games Workshops Nick Bayton.

For those who don't know, Nick is the Battle Report presenter for Warhammer+ and has done all sorts of jobs at Games Workshop over the years. He is really passionate about anything to do with Games Workshop but he is really passionate about Ultramarines. So he started saying "March for Macragge" where you paint up Ultramarines during the month of March.

That sounds really simple, except I want to paint up some stuff for Age of Sigmar. Oh and I have the attention span of... oh look Squirrel!!

Okay, basically I want to get some stuff painted up, do a bit of a blog about it and probably inspire or entertain people along the way. But I'm going to need some guidelines to follow (this is to help me kind of stay on track).

1. March to March - I know I'll struggle to do anything so my time span is March 2024 to March 2025
  2. Rule of Two - To keep me on track, I need to make two hobby updates a month. These can be WIP or a finished thing but should try and show progress
  3. This is for fun - The most important rule! This is just a fun thing. I shouldn't get stressed about not being able to do updates due to real life

So with the prospect of 4th edition on the horizon, I want to make sure I have a new army ready to play games with. I've been sitting on a pile of potential for a while now, so I think it's time to get them finished - Kruleboyz! I think the models look great, it's a nice change from the typical fantasy Orc that we usually see, and their (current) playstyle looks interesting. With this in mind, I've decided they will be my army in 4th edition Age of Sigmar. 

My plan is to basically paint up what I have from the list below and add a few extra models. I'm not working to any type of army list as I have no idea how the game will work in the next edition (will it be a enhancement of what we have now or will there be big changes?), but the idea is to have some stuff to play with. 

• 1x Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof
  • 1x Killaboxx with Stab-Grot
  • 1x Murknob with Belcha-banna
  • 2x Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot
  • 1x Beast-skewer Killbow
  • 12x Man-skewer Boltboyz
  • 20x Gutrippaz
  • 20x Hobgrot Slittaz

I'll probably add some more stuff to this as well but this is the bulk of the stuff I want to get painted. Check back soon for some actual pictures!

• Like 5

Update

I’ve been busy this weekend but I have managed some progress. 
IMG_4621.jpeg.2adb207396b8cf32bfd17f82c13387fb.jpeg

Started on the Kruleboyz and got six mostly assembled. I left the shields off but marked on each model which shield goes with each by writing under the base with a sharpie. The models are great but I’m old now and I found them fiddly to assemble. I dread to think how somebody new to the hobby would feel!

I’m hoping to get another six assembled in the week but not going to push too hard as it’s Mothers Day in the UK next Sunday and I don’t think it would go down well if I was hobbying!

On another note, I’m signed up to a Warmaster tournament in May that a mate is running and I’ve joined a gym, so you can see how I get distracted! 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update

No painting has happened so far, mainly due to work, Mother’s Day and me giving into my wife and getting this fuzzball…

691a6381-deab-4ee3-b89e-4ac7b9ad8f68.jpeg.6c84d54997d80cbf72af56cb47455a52.jpeg

Hoping to do some stuff this weekend but currently hyped about the Adepticon reveals and trying not to get distracted. 

• Haha 1