Trench Crusade

I think that it could be fine to make a post about new beta rules for Trench Crusade, a game written by master-designer Tuomas Pirinen.

It's a skirmish game called Trench Crusade. The rules seems to be top quality, strightforward and easy to understand (and it reminds me about, with just a few mechanics that can affect multiple decisions (-/+ dice and blood/blessing dice), from damage to accuracy, defensive stance or being in cover.

It's an Alternative Activation skirmish game that you can use all your actions in each activation, with a basic system to see if the action fails, success or it's a critick, modified by +/- dice system, same with injury table (aka, damage) for your miniatures. In other words, everything goes with a 2D6 roll, and then add (+) dice or (-) dice and then take the  2 highest or lowest results depending if you had (+) or (-) dice and see if your actions was successful or your unit was injured. It remind me about Malifaux's +/- flips.

If anyone is interested, link to the Beta rules below:

Playtest-Rules_v1.2-12.02.24_compressed.pdf

Quick-Start_v2_28.01.24.pdf

Edited by Beliman
grammar
  • Like 2