Any Idea about pure Prosecutors with Jevelin list?

Aeonotakist

I have run the following list for a while when there was some barstard brought 2 Mournguls or something similar in 1000 games.

The list is like below:

1 Knight-Venator (or Knight-Azyros with 6++ ward save and one time use -1 hit flash bomb)

8*3 Prosecutors with jevelin

2*10 Librator (or 10 Librators with 10 Judicators when use Knight-Azyros)

I dont play it too often cause it's kinda OP and I dont have so many Prosecutors. Either I will have to make some nasty indicating or borrow all the procecutors from other Stormcast players. (That will be a mixed army with different weapons, armor theme and wing style. )

But it performed well in punishing all the 'competitive lists' people think in 1000 games.

In 1000 games, people most likely only have 1~2 units that are fast enough to capture a target in 18' and kill them in one turn. but I have 8~9 units spread all over the map. Even they can deal with 2 of them every round it still takes them extemely long time to finish.

In the meantime, Prosecutors with Jevelin is super ranged damage dealers. With the leader of unit taking Tridant, a group of these guys has a profile of 4A/3+/3+/0(-1)/2D for a mere 80 ponits. They can hit things in 30' and 8 units can bring 28 unsaved damage (half rend 0 half rend -1). In most cases their shooting can kill more than 150 points in one turn.

So most cases enemy's elite troop got shot to death after killed 2~3 of my Prosecutors. Then what was left on the table cannot even move and change the 18' distance, orr just too weak to stand the volley of jevelin.

Even against equal deadly shooting list like Sylvaneth and freeguide, I also scored 70% wins in a battle line shooting with my good profile.

This army never have problem in capturing objectives. They are just really mobile.

Could be countered by Fulminators for sure. Against Thundertusk or Stonehorns is also a big problem. mean while the Skyborn Slayer and Skryre fire wont fit in 1000 points game.

I also tried to expand this to 2000, but the idea of getting 18*3 Prosecoturs just make none sense...  

On interesting comparison is between Judicators and Prosecutors with Jevelin. Then you will find

Judicators are 32 points per model while Prosecutors with jevelin are 27 points

Their effective range are the same (5+24 vs 12+18)

5 models of Judicators with Shockbolt bow (160p) can do average 3,33 unsaved damage with rend -1

2*3 models of Prosecutors with two Tridants (also 160p) can do average 3,55 unsave damage with rend -1 PLUS 3,55 unsaved damage with rend 0.

160 points of Judicator have 10 wounds with 4+ and 160 points of Prosecutors have 12 wounds with 4+ reroll 1

It makes Judicators look extremely underpowered.

47 minutes ago, Dracothjay said:

I was thinking

Knight Azyros

5 Judicators

5 Judicators

5 Judicators

5 Judicators

5 Judicators

3 Prosecutors with hammers.

Firepower here is RAW

1000 points

believe me Judicator just sucks as shooting unit... Not getting a chance against Prosecutors with Jevelin.

believe me Judicator just sucks as shooting unit... Not getting a chance against Prosecutors with Jevelin.

This is news to most Stormcast Players who flood the board with them. Above all else - they are Battleline Units who can shoot well into your enemy's deployment zone in turn one!

1 hour ago, Nico said:

This is news to most Stormcast Players who flood the board with them. Above all else - they are Battleline Units who can shoot well into your enemy's deployment zone in turn one!

Prosecutor also can do that with 12 move and 18 range (actually 1' more compare with Judicators )

Players around me now already stop using Judicators at all since a group of 3 Prosecutors almost can do the same thing as 5 Judicator in shooting and Prosecutors save the points for almost a whole unit of Librator that is also a battleline.

Actually I am surprised by listing all the status between Judicator and Prosecutors with jevelin, people still dont believe in 1+1=2.

33 minutes ago, Aeonotakist said:

Prosecutor also can do that with 12 move and 18 range (actually 1' more compare with Judicators )

Players around me now already stop using Judicators at all since a group of 3 Prosecutors almost can do the same thing as 5 Judicator in shooting and Prosecutors save the points for almost a whole unit of Librator that is also a battleline.

Prosecutors with Javelins are cheap for what they do, but a few reasons you will not see a lot of them. Painting that many wings would just kill most peoples Hobby Mojo and they aren't battle line, Judicators are 'nearly as good' for their points and are battle line. The Stormbolt is superior to the Trident and this needs to be factored in, plus Judicators can normally or most certainly fit into most formations... i.e. Skyborn slayers. 

37 minutes ago, Aeonotakist said:

Actually I am surprised by listing all the status between Judicator and Prosecutors with jevelin, people still dont believe in 1+1=2.

Don't think this last part is called for. Everyone has an opinion and a different way of expressing their hobby. 

I for one, would love to see an army of Prosecutors and think you should do it! No one else will have that kind of stormcast army. 

I for one, would love to see an army of Prosecutors and think you should do it! No one else will have that kind of stormcast army. 

At least two people played a largely Prosecutor List at The Warlords - with high levels of success.

One managed to fit the entire Vanguard Wing (?) formation into his list.

3 minutes ago, Nico said:

At least two people played a largely Prosecutor List at The Warlords - with high levels of success.

Wish I would have seen that! How was it painted? That many wings would scare the ****** out of me!

15 minutes ago, Nico said:

I think you mean Harbinger Chamber. Actually that is the only war chamber in Stormcast Eternity that can fit in a matched play. Warrior Chamber and Exampler Chamer are way too expensive.

The small battlion in Harbinger Chamber is called Vanguard Wings. They are very good and can turn Libirator to davastating units. Teleport almost freely over tha map and could have a '4+ hit roll then double damage' special ability that greatly improve their damage. 

12 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

Wish I would have seen that! How was it painted? That many wings would scare the ****** out of me!

I would say biggest problem of Prosecutorsa are

- Too expensive. 45 Euro for 3.

- Way too hard to paint.

- Wings got Broken easily when you take them out.

- Not part of powerful battlion. Vanguard Wings are actually powerful but not that common in Stormcast.

17 minutes ago, Aeonotakist said:

Not part of powerful battlion. Vanguard Wings are actually powerful but not that common in Stormcast.

There is one formation, think it is called Hammerstrike Force, that is for Prosecutors and Retributors which is pretty decent. Allows retributions to be Alpha Strike. 

58 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

There is one formation, think it is called Hammerstrike Force, that is for Prosecutors and Retributors which is pretty decent. Allows retributions to be Alpha Strike. 

Not quite sure about that list, but in Chinese rule it says only normal Prosecutor with hammers can be used.

I usually field one or up to two units of Prosecutors when I play in larger games. The thing is that the Matched Play scenarios are heavy on objectives and the Prosecutors, of all the Stormcast Eternals, are the best suited to capture them and keep the enemy at bay. My hammer Prosecutors have made a name for themselves in my local gameclub as prime warmachine and hero hunters so I always try to field them. The javelins variant is perhaps THE skirmisher unit in the SE army which is why they are perfect for contesting objectives and harassing wounded enemy units (never pit them against something at full health though). 

In all honesty I have yet to try the various flying circus lists available to the SE but I sure am looking forward to. I see quite some nasty formations out there, perfect for a solid alpha strike or a very nimble gameplay but as always testing will be needed. 

When I get around to assemble the four remaining Prosecutor units I have, I will be able to post a more constructive feedback. In the meanwhile I think that a list or a formation with them is indeed to be played and it can put a whole lot of hurt on the less mobile armies. Orruks on foot, undead and even the more elite Chaos armies will suffer from all those javelins coming their way and their player will be frustrated since they will struggle to reach you.

It is a "different" playstyle to the classic hammer and anvil typical of the SE, but the numbers and the stats are appropriate to make it work in your favor. If you can do test your army list, I think it can work well. 

The Harbinger Chamber actually sounds awesome! It's the very definition of spamming thou lol 

The entire army can deepstrike wherever it wants. Is there a auto-lose rule if you don't set up any units at all before the game starts? 

The only issue game play wise I would think about is damage output. At 2k you won't have any paladins or dracothian guard units as the heavy hitters. And outside of the situational Lords ability there is zero mortal wound output. 

Then there's the whole transporting 27+ winged guys lol

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

The Harbinger Chamber actually sounds awesome! It's the very definition of spamming thou lol 

The entire army can deepstrike wherever it wants. Is there a auto-lose rule if you don't set up any units at all before the game starts? 

The only issue game play wise I would think about is damage output. At 2k you won't have any paladins or dracothian guard units as the heavy hitters. And outside of the situational Lords ability there is zero mortal wound output. 

Then there's the whole transporting 27+ winged guys lol

The damage is actually not really bad. Becaue in Harbinger Chamber rule you get +1 hit. The Lord Celestial give everyone +1 hit, and Librator has +1 hit against anything 5 wound or plus. This add up together doesn't look awesome enough, but you have a special rule in Vanguard Wings that the Librator in the battlion get 2 damage rather than 1 if the hit roll 'result' is 6 or more. It actually gives Librator a 'hit roll 3+ (4+) then double damage' feature, which is quite powerful.

One mistake in Harbinger Chamber is people tend to sacrafice Librator and let Prosecutors to shoot. But pure Prosecutors are not good enough in 2K games. If they cange their mind and use Librator in an optimized way, the result might be qutie different. 

Ahh that makes sense now. But with only 3 5man units it's still not good.

On paper I still don't see how javalins are good. One attack? That's it? Between all 9 units you might be able to take down something I guess....doesn't matter thou against high armor armies since this list has zero mortal wounds. So what do you do against, say, Seraphon or other stormcast? 

10 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Ahh that makes sense now. But with only 3 5man units it's still not good.

On paper I still don't see how javalins are good. One attack? That's it? Between all 9 units you might be able to take down something I guess....doesn't matter thou against high armor armies since this list has zero mortal wounds. So what do you do against, say, Seraphon or other stormcast? 

Most Stormcast army are weak if not considering Prime ability and special weapon. The Prosecutor Prime got 2 shots in shooting and special weapon is -1rend/2damage. COmbine them together you will get evantually a model stronger than a Kunoth Hunter in damage.

Also the other guys get 2 damage rather than one when they are 9' away from enemy, which is a must happen enless they are jamed in melee combat.

Finally, everything comes with comparison. In AOS, a standard shooter with 30' reachable range (move + shoot range) will cost 20 points for 1A/3+/3+/-1/1D profile. Take reference from Kunoth  Hunter and Judicators. Prosecutors are 80 points with 4A/3+/3+/0(-1)/2D so they are alreayd almost double effective...

Archived