Death GT "elite" 2k list

WSDdeloach

Thinking of running this list at an upcoming GT. Thoughts? 

Leaders
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Cloak of Mists and Shadows
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality

Units
Blood Knights x 10 (520)
Morghast Harbingers x 2 (240)
Morghast Harbingers x 2 (240)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions
Ghoul Patrol (100)

Total: 1920/2000

Not sure what rule set your using. But if you are using the General's Handbook rules I would suggest dropping one of the Morghast units and put those points into summoning. But I main Death Rattle and I'm new to AoS. So.. I'm not entirely sure if that is a good idea at 2k points and with the rule set you're using. 

The list looks like it will be fast and hit pretty hard if you get the charge. But I think it might have issues with say a thunderhead brotherhood battalion. Something that can take a charge and then punch back. Or perhaps a zombie horde list. Something like below

Necromancer (Gen): Ruler of the Night, Ring of Immortality

Necromancer

Wight King (Black Axe)

Wight King (Infernal Standard)

Zombiesx60

Zombiesx60

Zombiesx60

Corpse Cart(Unholy Lodestone)

Corpse Cart(Balefire Brazier)

320 points for summoning

Are you likely going to see a list like this? Nope. But I think your list would have trouble with zombie swarms. If you can't kill 30 zombies on your charge your taking a lot of attacks back at 2+(Hit)((if withing 9" of corpse cart)), 3+ to wound, gets to heal off of kills, heals 2d6 units at the beginning of every round before spells and voltroning, 5+ invlun save(while general is alive).

Snipe my general you say? Okay he/she gets a armor save(maybe), then a 5+ invlun, Then a 4+ to move the wound to the zombies he/she is surrounded by, then their 5+ invlun, then the ring of immortality. 

But like I said above... your really unlikely to play against this list above. 

TLDR

I think your going to run into a model count problem and have issues with swarm armies like the zombie list above. If your units cannot crush what they are attacking on the charge they are going to have some problems.

Other than that.. anyone that knows what those models can do and is not willing to sacrifice units for speed bumps should be sweating. The VLoZD is going to be a headache to deal with for sure.

12 hours ago, WSDdeloach said:

Units
Blood Knights x 10 (520)

Did you build this army from a 1k list of Soulblight that was just the vamp on ZD and 2x 5 blood knights by any chance? It looks a lot like a force I just finished painting up to try myself.

Other than that, any reason you're putting the blood knights in a unit of 10 instead of 2x5s?

Also, a little worried the ghouls are going to get taken to pieces faster than they can regroup at only 10 models in those units.

With the harbingers it seems like you want to summon them on for their 3d6 charge into stuff. I also think they look a little out of place in the army, you're solid in the combination of flesh eaters and soulblight, but there isn't anything that buffs them solidly. Why not take a couple of large units of vargheists to fit the soulblight side, or a bigger contingent of flesh eaters with another character like a vargulf?

(Lord) Your list isn't death rattle at all btw. But that aside, I agree it's low model count.. I have re generation from my ghast for the ghouls.. Blood knights are insane with my standard bearer, I return one slain model per hero phase from that unit. With my horn minim charge is 6", heal a wound per slain model, d3 damage per wound on the charge, +3 up save against no rend, +5 invulnerable. Nasty nasty dudes.. 

(James)

no, I just happen to have blood Knights laying around. Thought about even changing the whole list up to this... 

Leaders
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Cloak of Mists and Shadows
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality
Tomb Banshee (80)

Units
Blood Knights x 5 (260)
Blood Knights x 5 (260)
Skeleton Warriors x 10 (80)
- Ancient Blades
- Ancient Blades
- Ancient Blades
Black Knights x 5 (120)
Grave Guard x 10 (160)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields
Morghast Archai x 2 (240)

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions
Legion of Death (60)

Total: 1980/2000

i think it's still pretty "elite"

Ohh yeah I know the list I showed there was not deathrattle. I was just showing a list that I think your first list might have issues with. I do main Deathrattle. Working on two lists atm. 

Though I do have to admit the more and more I look into the Death faction the more I really find interesting. That zombie list above is a good example.

I like the look of this second list a lot more. It appears to have a lot of tools that will be very useful in various areas.

Why not give the Wight King a standard? Does giving him a standard cause him to lose any gear?

• 1 month later...

I can suggest that list , pretty similar to yours.

vampire lord on zdragon (440)

- same build

wight king blade (120)

5 blood knights (260)

5 blood knights (260) 

3x10 skeletons (240)

15 grave guards (240)

2 morghast archai (240)

5 black Knights (120)

Legion of death (60)

tot 1980

5 more guards no banshee:)