Expanding Nurgle Daemons?

Spiky Norman

Nurgle conversions are what keep me awake at night! I currently am trying to plan a demon prince shaped like a giant slug. Was thinking of using either the top half of a giant  with a slug bottom half or using a Tyranid Trygon tail as the basis for the shape and going crazy with greenstuff!

2 hours ago, Mohojoe said:

Nurgle conversions are what keep me awake at night! I currently am trying to plan a demon prince shaped like a giant slug. Was thinking of using either the top half of a giant  with a slug bottom half or using a Tyranid Trygon tail as the basis for the shape and going crazy with greenstuff!

If you have not already done, also look at the Skaven Abomination, and imagine the body without the legs. That might also be worth considering. Maybe even a Maggoth body with out the legs for a more curled upwards look.

Just now, Spiky Norman said:

If you have not already done, also look at the Skaven Abomination, and imagine the body without the legs. That might also be worth considering. Maybe even a Maggoth body with out the legs for a more curled upwards look.

Ooh the abomination would be really good actually.  What base size do they fit on? Daemon prince is 60mm if memory serves? I dont think I could break up a maggoth lord, I really like the model haha!

Speaking as someone who hasn't had a chance to flick through a copy of the Generals Handbook yet (Returning to AoS after a 9 month gap), what penalties would I incur by taking Nurgle Daemons, Rotbringers and stuff from Tamurkhans horde, as opposed to Just Nurgle daemons?

I hear lots of talk of battlelines and such but I am having a hard time theory crafting when I don't know the theory haha.

Well, you need a minimum of 2 Battleline units at 1000pts and 3 at 2000pts for instance.

That means in terms of Nurgle Daemons you have to use Plaguebearers, as they are the only Nurgle Daemon choice there. If you want to go for Nurgle Mortals, then you have more options in Marauders, Chaos Knights, Chaos Warriors or even Putrid Blightkings, but the latter only if stay within the Nurgle Mortal allegiance, meaning all your units need to have the keywords Mortal and Nurgle. You could also go for Skavens Clan Pestilence and the Forgeworld Tamurkhans Horde.

In terms of penalties for mixing units from Nurgle Daemons, Rotbringers etc. there really isn't one. You do loose some abilities to maximise your synergies between your units, if they all have wildly differing keywords, as some abilities only work on Nurgle Daemons for instance, but then others work on all Nurgle units. Another thing to think about is also Battallions and whether or not you wish to go for any of those. The Nurgle Daemon Tallyband battallion is pretty nice I think. So I go for that one as a core of the army, and then branch out from there.

2 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

Well, you need a minimum of 2 Battleline units at 1000pts and 3 at 2000pts for instance.

That means in terms of Nurgle Daemons you have to use Plaguebearers, as they are the only Nurgle Daemon choice there. If you want to go for Nurgle Mortals, then you have more options in Marauders, Chaos Knights, Chaos Warriors or even Putrid Blightkings, but the latter only if stay within the Nurgle Mortal allegiance, meaning all your units need to have the keywords Mortal and Nurgle. You could also go for Skavens Clan Pestilence and the Forgeworld Tamurkhans Horde.

In terms of penalties for mixing units from Nurgle Daemons, Rotbringers etc. there really isn't one. You do loose some abilities to maximise your synergies between your units, if they all have wildly differing keywords, as some abilities only work on Nurgle Daemons for instance, but then others work on all Nurgle units. Another thing to think about is also Battallions and whether or not you wish to go for any of those. The Nurgle Daemon Tallyband battallion is pretty nice I think. So I go for that one as a core of the army, and then branch out from there.

Cheers buddy, you just covered everything I needed! :)

Archived