A challenge to all skaven players. Especially those who do consider themself as one of the better-best

Skreech Verminking

Hello there fellow backstabbers.

lately I went through a lot of skaven list in the meta, in the internet and watched a few battlereports.

all of those skaven armies that were used often (not always (there are exceptions)

had a thanqoul stormfiends and the cunning plague censer bearer trick.

so to put this simple. I am fed up with these 3 units in particularly.

so instead of just looking onwards to play a game with any of these three units how about we make a little experiment.

instead of using any of the abothe mentioned units.

my challenge to any of you hardcore skaven players is it to make a skaven list and play it at an event.

for those who would rather back away from this challenge, a considerable list you probably wouldn’t play but think might have a chance in this meta is with me fine as well.

(we are after all skaven and backing away from indefinite defeat, is the clawlord way of surviving.)

So with that saud let the challenge begin,

and have fun writing your list and sharing it here for any skaven players, long living or just starting to see.

2 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Cunning plague censer trick?

I use Thanquol+lauchon in my tourney Skaven but not the other two. It is an excessively strong combo and needed to counteract certain armies' cheese IMO.

Love it,

still,

for the challenge.

any list Ideas you could see yourself using without taking thanqoul, plague censers or stormfiends?

Double-furnace comes to mind. General assassination runs with VLD/Skittershank, both able to pop up 6" away. Night runners using pre-game move to go forward then drop concealed Deathmaster on objectives as a GC. Arch-Warlock general with Fuelled by Ghurish Rage, Gryph-Feather Charm, Devious Adversary and a warpstone spark to swing with average 5.5 halberd attacks and 3 claw attacks, all at 3+/2+/rend -2. Warp-grinder in Clanrats 9" away then deploy a hidden WFT 6" away to vaporize hordes with impunity. Skitterleaping a skryre caster forward turn 1 to cast WLV with a re-roll via spark if needed. Grey seers, clanrat blobs, HPA just showing up and being fantastic for their point cost...

Can you narrow it down?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, NinthMusketeer said:

So you never did tell me what the "Plague Censer Trick" is, and I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

I mean there’s a plague cesner trick?

if there was on it is basically them and the dearhmaster in the new bodyguard battailon with the deathmaster having the fight first artefact.

basically allwoing you to fight with your censer in the hero phase and at the start of the combat phase in the same turn instead of havind to fight last.

it is basically the stormvermin trick everybody talked at the beginning just with censer instead.

censer just to more damage overall then stormvermins

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

A couple years ago I listbuilt both a Moulder and Eshin themed list, but I'm unsure how viable they'd be nowadays. Would definitely be FUN! No, wait, that's an Orruky emotion...err, they'd be extremely cunning-genius, yes-yes!

Moulder on it’s own does seem to struggle a bit, but definitely aren’t less fun to use.

as for eshin apparently they are pretty good or decent.

gutter runners seem to be able to deal a good amount of damage.

and the last guy with an eshin build went 5-0 at one of the grand tournaments 

1 hour ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Ah. Well they'd fight at normal speed since fight-first and fight-last cancel out, but being it'd be the player's own turn would still more or less work.