What size are objective markers now?

I have been thinking about returning to AoS. I left when 3rd edition dropped due to some mechanical changes, but I'm being tempted back by Gloomspite updates and Drekki Flynt.

Anyway, what size are objectives nowadays? I know 40k used to use decorative 40mm or 32mm back in the day that you measured from, and my former AoS community did the same. Now that I'm peeking back in, a lot of people are using 6" plastic discs with no physical object in the center. Not very pretty. Is this the new standard? Do people still use more decorative objective markers? I was thinking of printing some objectives but this change kinda befuddled me.

2 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Anyway, what size are objectives nowadays? I know 40k used to use decorative 40mm or 32mm back in the day that you measured from, and my former AoS community did the same. Now that I'm peeking back in, a lot of people are using 6" plastic discs with no physical object in the center. Not very pretty. Is this the new standard? Do people still use more decorative objective markers? I was thinking of printing some objectives but this change kinda befuddled me.

The core rules (18.1) tells you to always measure from the centre of the objective marker, so it doesn't really matter what kind of item you use to mark the objective, the objective is always a point.

As for using 6" discs, it is one of the many compromises between "beauty and immersion" and playability of the game (even though you can also find them in more "immersive" versions). I like them because they make the game much faster and reduce mistakes/discussions and so on. Other people may want to place the cursor at a different point between the two extremes.