Hey all!

Gilles.of.Augustine

Hello everyone!
I fell away from the WHFB hobby just before end-times hit, and now that AoS seems to be in a pretty good place I'm excited to get back into wargaming. My main army back in the day was Tomb Kings, but I built pretty sizeable Dark Elf and Skaven forces as well.

Sadly the Tomb Kings seem to be well and truly dead this time, unless I want to totally rebrand into Ossiarch Bone Reapers, and they're just not quite my style. I always regretted not trying out Empire, so I'm thinking Cities of Sigmar may be a good place to start in AoS, along with my trusty  (who am I kidding they can't be trusted all in ANY sense of the word) Skaven,

Anyway, just happy to be here.

• Like 1

Hi, welcome.

If you check out the rumour thread, and the Mortals Redesigned thread you'll see big changes are on their way for Cities. GW have said they are Revamping the humans and we don't know yet what will become of the Cities' dwarves and elves. 

So, unfortunately, you may want to hold off investing too much in Cities until it's clearer what will remain valid ☹️

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gilles.of.Augustine said:

Hello everyone!
I fell away from the WHFB hobby just before end-times hit, and now that AoS seems to be in a pretty good place I'm excited to get back into wargaming. My main army back in the day was Tomb Kings, but I built pretty sizeable Dark Elf and Skaven forces as well.

Sadly the Tomb Kings seem to be well and truly dead this time, unless I want to totally rebrand into Ossiarch Bone Reapers, and they're just not quite my style. I always regretted not trying out Empire, so I'm thinking Cities of Sigmar may be a good place to start in AoS, along with my trusty  (who am I kidding they can't be trusted all in ANY sense of the word) Skaven,

Anyway, just happy to be here.

Personally If you already have an skaven army I would try and use those rules to fet back into.

dark elves are currently a part of the city of sigmar, yet we have no idea if they are going to remain or get squatted as soon as basically the dawnbringer come put (city of sigmar apparently expanding).

personally If you truly want to play your dark elves, you might just want to restrict yourself at first to the book, which is a great read with some amazing lore behind the different cities.

if you don’t care about the lore and are looking to well keep some money for less fortunate tomes, I’d suggest to you to have a look at wahapedia. 

11 hours ago, EntMan said:

Hi, welcome.

If you check out the rumour thread, and the Mortals Redesigned thread you'll see big changes are on their way for Cities. GW have said they are Revamping the humans and we don't know yet what will become of the Cities' dwarves and elves. 

So, unfortunately, you may want to hold off investing too much in Cities until it's clearer what will remain valid ☹️

Hopes are here that nothing will happen, then again, the fear did do something with me personally I’m now planning a 2-3k aos/ warhammer fantasy dark elves army project  list.

and am trying to buy those kits before they get removed 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...