The Painting Contract - December 2022

TheOtherJosh

Contract complete including my first ever freehand banner with my beastlord custom icon and my "bloodground bull" endless spell.

My girlfriend prefers the black banner but I like the striking visual of the white banner. I think what I'll do is a rough patch of white "warpaint" in the middle of the banner followed by the black image over top (black is easier to make smooth of course) though the rough warpaint look has some charm it isnt going to be feasible with the more complex designs I want to do (kind of visible on the unfinished banner)

Still have the eye to do on the bull but that's it.

20221222_093908.jpg

20221222_093851.jpg

20221222_093832.jpg

20221222_093818.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I have managed to paint first batch of 5 Bloodletters! Here's the picture taken little before the models were completed (bases were not done at this point and there were a few details that I needed to take care of):

bl1.jpg.282be34a8a9c3b5bfd250697ee9df178.jpg

For the first time sine I started painting miniatures, I tried painting without the wash - and I am very satisfied with the results. In this particular case, it worked great and I managed to get the skin tone that I wanted. Also, the colour scheme is very easy to replicate, so I can finish the whole batch fairly quickly (60 - 90 minutes per miniature).

Edited by Painbringer

Well I didn’t quite finish a full BCR box but I’m quite happy with my progress regardless. Learned a bit about furs and playing with colors for metals, need to get a better handle on painting skin. I’m sure finishing the riders will help with that. Can't post photos for some strange reason, but here's a reddit post I just made.(Hope that's allowed)

On 1/2/2023 at 11:18 AM, Griffounet said:

I only get  the Time to finish my dragon & drakespawns' bases + basing my proxy battlemage (frostgrave elementalist). The farstrider will be completed later.

That sounds like an awesome plan for January! Come join in on the January Painting Contract: