Gnarlwood happenings theory

Gitzdee

I strongly believe a lot that is happening in Gnarlwood is connected to the Spider incarnate (the undead looking arachnarok RE).

The setting also strongly fits the Spiderfang tribes. The Gnarlwood map shows the Spinecrawler Webs location next to the Moonclan the Great Stinkhorn. I think the Moonclan one is an Underworlds warband and the Spiderfang get a warband and later a new tome + Scuttleboss.

The Spiderfang will be threatened by a (insert chaos god) and summon a Spider incarnate from a pit filled with amber bones. This will fit nicely with a new seasons of war. I dont know how it fits the GW release schedule though. Thondia released in april so i expect them to release all of this around the same time just before the new 40k stuff cancels everything AoS for a while. 

I think this will be just a distraction from something bigger thats happening. Maybe the appearance of al these kinds of incarnates is the product of something bigger awakening somewhere. Could be Morghur (incarnate form?) leading to new Beasts models and this editions finale. This also brings an opportunity for the Avengers of AoS (Alarielle, Kroak, Teclis, Sigmar) to bring things back to normal and a potential Seraphon/CoS release. Any major flaws in this theory? 

What do u all think will happen the rest of this edition?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

• Gitzdee changed the title to Gnarlwood happenings theory

I would hope that the Spiderfang events were connected to Morghur/BOC if the latter are going to become new antagonists from the Lifequake, It does feel like Spiderfang are primed to get *something* in the narrative; whether directly tied to the Spider Incarnate or not. We don't have any novels after Dominion out yet, so with only Thondia it seems a bit obtuse figuring out what might happen next :(

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Aye, Gallet and it’s insect tunnels & pits are perfect spider country for it.

But it’s the goings on of Gnarlwoods that get the thoughts churning.

Soulbound: Blackened Earth:

“Here is the final bit from Blacked Earth:

“From among the caravans arriving from the free cities, those from Excelsis also bring rumours of a great evil stirring in the Realm of Amber that could threaten all of the Mortal Realms. Strange and twisted creatures have begun to emerge from a stretch of wild Ghur known as the Gnarlwood; rumours say that the Astral Templars of Valourhall seek assistance in solving this mystery, but are reluctant to ask for it directly. (For more on adventures in the realm of Ghur and the city of Excelsis, see the upcoming Soulbound supplement Era of the Beast.)”

Warcry:

unknown.png

UnderWorlds:

IMG_6768.jpg

Something wicked this way comes from the Meat Forests of the Realm of Beasts.
unknown.png

(interesting it seems benign to the Destruction factions most. The Ogors are mentioned to purposely open up the mouths of the Gnarlwoods with Butcher magic so they can feed it as they sense Gorkamorka’s ever hungry presence about.)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3