Coalition Units and Spell Lores

Unit1126PLL

Question

Hello!

I have an odd question - well, really 2.

Can a unit access a spell lore outside of the army's allegiance if it meets the requirements? Choosing a spell is an Enhancement, if I am not mistaken.

For example, could a Slaves to Darkness Wizard Coalition unit in a Hedonites of Slaanesh army choose from the Slaves to Darkness Spell Lores, since it has all the requisite keywords?

Example/question 2: a Slaves to Darkness Wizard in a Slaves to Darkness Army with the Mark of Slaanesh choosing from the Hedonites spell lores? (Since you only need to be a Slaanesh Wizard of various types).

Why or why not? Cite your rules sources, as I am genuinely curious.

Edited by Unit1126PLL

4 answers to this question

There is a FAQ answering exactly the same question:

Q: Can I include endless spells, invocations and faction terrain features from an allied faction or a faction from which I can include coalition in my army?

A: No, unless specifically noted otherwise.

1 hour ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Hello!

I have an odd question - well, really 2.

Can a unit access a spell lore outside of the army's allegiance if it meets the requirements? Choosing a spell is an Enhancement, if I am not mistaken.

For example, could a Slaves to Darkness Wizard Coalition unit in a Hedonites of Slaanesh army choose from the Slaves to Darkness Spell Lores, since it has all the requisite keywords?

Example/question 2: a Slaves to Darkness Wizard in a Slaves to Darkness Army with the Mark of Slaanesh choosing from the Hedonites spell lores? (Since you only need to be a Slaanesh Wizard of various types).

Why or why not? Cite your rules sources, as I am genuinely curious.

If your army is (for example) an Hedonites of Slaanesh army, you can only pick enhancements from the Hedonites of Slaanesh battletome or the Universal ones.

Core Rules 27.0: " If all of the units in your army are from a single faction, then you can use that faction’s allegiance abilities"

Thanks guys! I didn't know where to look.

That still doesn't answer the other question though:

If I have a Hedonites of Slaanesh army and include a Coalition unit, that Coalition unit CAN (as far as I am aware) use enhancements if they qualify.

So if a Slaanesh Slaves to Darkness Wizard is included in a Hedonite army, can they choose from it's spell lores if they qualify? (E.g. Lore of Pain and Pleasure for Slaanesh Mortal Wizards and Lore of Slaanesh for Slaanesh Daemon Wizards)?

A specific example would be a Coalition Daemon Prince with the Arcane Tome, making it a SLAANESH DAEMON WIZARD in a Hedonites army. This *should* qualify for the spells from the Lore of Slaanesh, if I am not mistaken.

Edited by Unit1126PLL

1 minute ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Thanks guys! I didn't know where to look.

That still doesn't answer the other question though:

If I have a Hedonites of Slaanesh army and include a Coalition unit, that Coalition unit CAN (as far as I am aware) use enhancements if they qualify.

So if a Slaanesh Slaves to Darkness Wizard is included in a Hedonite army, can they choose from it's spell lores if they qualify? (E.g. Lore of Pain and Pleasure for Slaanesh Mortal Wizards and Lore of Slaanesh for Slaanesh Daemon Wizards)?

yes, Coalition units can pick from the spell lore of the battletome of your army if they have appropriate keywords

• Like 1