SE 1500 points

Dracothjay

Hey guys, got a game coming up this Tuesday. 5 players all against all. I'm thinking skyborne slayers as below with:

LCoD

LC

knight venator

5 judicators 

5 judicators

5 liberators

5 liberators

5 protectors

5 decimators 

however, I also wanted to make a list at this point level with the celestant prime as he is amazing. Anyone have any advice on what's a power 1500 list?

Actually, i have re-written a list. Whats are your views on this list? Im trying to puck a punch.

LCoD

Lord relictor

Celestant Prime

Knight Venator

5 Liberators

5 Liberators

10 Retributors

3 Prosecutors with Javelins

Thunderstrike Brotherhood.

As there is no points value for Thunderstrike brotherhood, i'm taking that one for free. So everything can deep strike, bar the Venator, which i believe gives me an advantage. I understand the the SS battalion allows me to strike closer to the enemy, but i fear i lack punch with the SS list.

Views people? 

I don't run Stormcast yet, but I have been on the recieving end of retributers enough times to be able to suggest combining them with a Vexillor with pennant of the stormbringer.  If you are just going solely for power that combination will always get the job done.  On a style note though, you should leave the knight-venator in your list, its so beautiful, it gives me feelings I'm uncomfortable discussing :$

That's fair enough if you are playing with that battalion which lets you do that.  Where I play if the battalion isn't costed in the generals handbook than it isn't to be used in matched play, but if you can take it where you are it's a good idea.  The prime is a threat that is always hanging there ready to drop down whenever he is needed, always to maximum affect and disruption, he is worth keeping around.

AS there is no point for the bataillion you cannot use it in pitched battle, unlessyou negociate with your opponent and cost it around 100 pts.

I suggest you taking the Hammerstrike formation OR the vexilor (watch a recent subject on that), both allow your retributors to be teleported at 3" or 0" from the ennemy.

I am not a great fan of the LCOD as his command ability is meh at best and useless the rest of the time (if you need to be immune to battleshock you have lost too many models to be efficient) You are in a better position with the lord celestant on foot which gives you a much better aura but your army will never be clustered around him so i advise you to remove him completly.

hammerstrike force is nice, but keeping your prosecutors safe is a battle within itself, especially with 4 other armies on the table. A lot of shooting coming as 2 armies I know if will be high elves and wood elves. The vex is best, but I'm trying to squeeze my celestant prime in as he can come late game and hopefully mop up stragglers from the other players. I did write this list, a bit slow and 'sitting duck' I think, but here it is. 

Celestant prime

LCoD

knight venator 

lord relictor

5 liberators

5 liberators

5 protectors

5 retributors

3 prosecutors with hammers.

I know this isn't a great list, but I've tried to incorperate a bit of survivability in it with the relictor. I'm determined my celestant prime will stay in this list, but if anyone has any recommendations........

Actually, taking advice from all here's the final revised list. 

Celestant prime

lord celestant (general - +1 attack -2 rend traits)

knight venator

knight vexillor

5 liberators

5 liberators 

10 retributors

3 prosecutors with javelins

actually happier with this list! Gives me 2 massive bomb drops whilst the remainder of my forces slowly, and I mean slowly, approach objectives or armies. 

as it was a 4 way game, I started off very aggressive. I had chaos neighbouring my, as well as sylvaneth. So I teleported my retributors, turn 1, into the chaos ranks. My venator one shotted his chaos general, that freed up other targets for my retributors. My rets smashed his infantry and some juggernauts. In return I lost my rets, but I had done enough damage where his army was no longer a threat.

last turn of the game it was myself and a sylvaneth army standing. I placed second in the match, was happy of all the trade offs in that game. Sometime you just have to not worry and go drop those rets in and do the devils work! 

Archived