Can two effects trigger off of a 6 to hit?

Ben__Halford

Question

7 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Ben__Halford said:

For example, Putrid Blightkings' Blighted Weapons and Blades of Putrefaction. Do they both work, or do I have to pick one?

You would have to pick one.

You, as the person rolling the dice, get to choose.

A question I'm not sure about is whether this is true if the effects occur from different results of the same dice roll, for example because of how Blades works, you can give them +1 to hit and it will trigger on 5s and 6s. In this case, you would still have to decide which effect is being triggered on the roll of 6, however perhaps you can still activate Blades on the 5s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

You have to pick one. I am away from my book at the moment but the term to look up in the core rules is "triggered effects" and it essentiallu says that each die roll can only trigger a single effect like double hits or mws.

Brilliant, extra thanks for the ref!

Unfortunately makes the Witherstave worse if an enemy can choose to ignore 😭

2 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

You would have to pick one.

You, as the person rolling the dice, get to choose.

A question I'm not sure about is whether this is true if the effects occur from different results of the same dice roll, for example because of how Blades works, you can give them +1 to hit and it will trigger on 5s and 6s. In this case, you would still have to decide which effect is being triggered on the roll of 6, however perhaps you can still activate Blades on the 5s.

A good point to look out for, thanks!

14 hours ago, Ben__Halford said:

Brilliant, extra thanks for the ref!

Unfortunately makes the Witherstave worse if an enemy can choose to ignore 😭

6 hours ago, Ben__Halford said:

Is the re-roll not an ability that is triggered off the roll of a 6?

Check out section 1.5.5 of the core-rules. The section after re-rolls are describted. I don't have the english ruletext so I can't make a fullquote, but the rule states that abilities that refer to "unmodified rolles" refer to the roll after re-rolls. So, the witherstave happens first, forcing the re-roll and the decision between "Blighted Weapons" and "Blades of Putrefaction" is happening on the re-rolled result.