AoS3- Big Waaagh!

Dahawi

10 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

This new season is looking really good for big waaagh!

• 2 new battle tactics, both of which are easier to complete in BW than in their respective factions
    • The less kruleboyz units you have the easier the KB one is
    • Ironjawz favor fast units which will blow past the center of the board but BW tends to run things like 'ardboyz
    • This gives us like 3-4 super easy tactics
  • Seasonal rules favor weak-average casters over magic doms, and will let us force out important spells like hand of gork
  • Gobsprakk is down points, and primal dice can be used to trigger his d6 mortals on unbinds of 10+, He'll be fantastic in BW
  • Maniak Wierdnob + Fast 'un + Merciless Blizzard is like a mobile version of the wurgogg death stare for less points. We can even teleport him then use fast 'un, so pretty much nowhere is safe from him
  • Coherency change is great for pigs
  • We have plenty of units which love hoarfrost, anything bonesplitterz, as well as 'ardboyz
  • Master of Magic doesn't work with primal dice, but touched by the Waaagh! does
  • Return of anti-shooting from last season for our warchanters and wizards

Yep fully agree!

BW feels fun and well positioned now!

I'll be honest, I saw the new changes and thought it couldn't get any better. Then I found the points changes. My list dropped by a 90 points, 110 when I include swapping the footboss with a killaboss on gnashtoof.

I basically get a killbow for free with 30 points for a triumph.

Big waagh will be so good now,  mostly because the battle tactics are so good. 

What do you guys think about maw krusha now? I did actually not include it before in my big waagh lists since i preferred having more stuff. But a 30 point drop is quite significant 🤔 

And Big Grikks Kruelshots? Still think it is kinda nice to use in Big waaagh, but lost some value now since killabow also dropped without adjusting cost for the renown regiment. And having 3 more kruelboyz units actually make our new BT harder. Third argument against it is I feel like I want the hero slot for the new magic battalion 🤔 But if you want kruelboyz shooting it is nice value with the possible extra shots and slump change of points. 

6 hours ago, Smash said:

Big waagh will be so good now,  mostly because the battle tactics are so good. 

What do you guys think about maw krusha now? I did actually not include it before in my big waagh lists since i preferred having more stuff. But a 30 point drop is quite significant 🤔 

And Big Grikks Kruelshots? Still think it is kinda nice to use in Big waaagh, but lost some value now since killabow also dropped without adjusting cost for the renown regiment. And having 3 more kruelboyz units actually make our new BT harder. Third argument against it is I feel like I want the hero slot for the new magic battalion 🤔 But if you want kruelboyz shooting it is nice value with the possible extra shots and slump change of points. 

Spoiler

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!
- Grand Strategy: Waaagh!
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Aspect of the Champion: Tunnel Master

Gordrakk the Fist of Gork (500)
Gobsprakk, The Mouth of Mork (260)
Orruk Warchanter (120)
Orruk Warchanter (120)
Wurrgog Prophet (170)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (300)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Orruk Brutes (150)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Ardboys (80)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (80)
5 x Orruk Ardboys (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 135
Drops: 11

That's what I've been running, tunnel master is there to score the grand strat on turn 5. I'll be swapping the Footboss with a Gnashtoof. Only thing I'm worried about is only having 1 locus, if need be I'll revert back to arcane tome on a warchanter. Though as I said above, this leaves me with 110 points of float. The list was already pretty solid, add in the 2 new tactics, ability to score the Kruelboyz General one and another unit it's looking great.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Smash said:

I've swapped my Kruelshots in BW to a single reinforced Boltboyz and a Swampcalla. Simplifies the battle tactic, adds a wizard for the Acolyte battalion, and (much as it pains me to say it) more consistent. I love the Killbow, but it's swingy at the best of times.
It's a few more points, but since I was already running a Maw-krusha (and Brutes) I had a few to spare

• 1 month later...

Hija ladz,

recently I was given Maw-Krusha as a gift to celebrate me being even older ******.

Issue is, I had not played AoS since the dark times of first edition, and no longer have any models - but, given the model is so cool, I've figured that making a 1000 points army won't be a bad idea.

Is a list with Krusha in 1000 points valid? I was hoping for some Kruelboyz mixing to avoid pure Ironjawz (I dislike the Aardboyz models).

20 minutes ago, RoyalDachshund said:

Hija ladz,

recently I was given Maw-Krusha as a gift to celebrate me being even older ******.

Issue is, I had not played AoS since the dark times of first edition, and no longer have any models - but, given the model is so cool, I've figured that making a 1000 points army won't be a bad idea.

Is a list with Krusha in 1000 points valid? I was hoping for some Kruelboyz mixing to avoid pure Ironjawz (I dislike the Aardboyz models).

We have recently had another pretty huge points drop. The fact Gordrakk is down to 460 (compared to the 450 for the normal) is really nice for mixed BW armies since you get his ability to use command abilities 3 times targets destruction units not Ironjawz. Brutes are solid right now due to the points decreases. Not sure about the rest of the Kruelboyz units since at 2k I run 1250 points of heroes and can't afford to bring them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoyalDachshund said:

Hija ladz,

You migth like the new ardboyz that are dropping in a couple of weeks though!

Oh my,

guess with the new IJ models on the way, I'll need to wait before making some purchases.

Or just get some Brutes, as they are a) good b) lookin good c) battleline, a Swampcaller Shaman and 3x Crossbows to close around 1K points and have a nice base to build into the 2K points later on.

My mind is telling me "no", but the wallet itches...

Edited by RoyalDachshund

4 minutes ago, RoyalDachshund said:

Oh my,

guess with the new IJ models on the way, I'll need to wait before making some purchases.

Or just get some Brutes, as they are a) good b) lookin good c) battleline, a Swampcaller Shaman and 3x Crossbows to close around 1K points and have a nice base to build into the 2K points later on.

My mind is telling me "no", but the wallet itches...

Imho u should always buy the models u really like above anything else.

I do like to share some information just in case u dont know. There has been a preview recently showing a new character, the Ardboy Big Boss. This kinda confirms the speculation about old Arboys unit getting a refresh soon. The rest off the models will probably be shown next week at the NOVA event. I would advise to wait a bit if u dont want to miss out on the new stuff thats coming soon.

The new Ardboy Big Boss model:

AoS ArdboyBigBoss Aug21 Image1

Adepticon Incoming Mar13 Systems

• 1 month later...

Went to a 90 player GT this past weekend with my Big Waaagh and went 4-1 and finished 10th. Really enjoyed the event, all my opponents were great and very happy with my showing. In my opinion, BW is very well positioned right now with very achievable battle tactics and being above average in all phases of the game. 

I have another GT in a month, where I'm hoping to take out my big pig for the first time and hoping to build on my recent success. 

Edited by Brakkus
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brakkus said:

Went to a 90 player GT this past weekend with my Big Waaagh and went 4-1 and finished 10th. Really enjoyed the event, all my opponents were great and very happy with my showing. In my opinion, BW is very well positioned right now with very achievable battle tactics and being above average in all phases of the game. 

I have another GT in a month, where I'm hoping to take out my big pig for the first time and hoping to build on my recent success. 

Nice results! What list did u use? 

39 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Nice results! What list did u use? 

This was my list:

Spoiler

- Army Faction: Orruk Warclans

- Army Type: Big Waaagh!
  - Triumph: Indomitable
LEADERS
Gobsprakk (240)
Orruk Warchanter (120)
  - Warbeats: Fixin’ Beat
Wurrgog Prophet (170)*
  - Artefacts of Power: Glowin’ Tattooz
  - Spells: Hoarfrost
Swampcalla Shaman and Pot-grot (100)*
  - General
  - Command Traits: Shaman of the Chilled Lands
  - Spells: Choking Mist
BATTLELINE
Orruk Brutes (280)
  - Brute Boss
  - Boss Klaw & Brute Smasha
  - Jagged Gore-hacka
  - 2 x Gore-choppa
Orruk Brutes (280)
  - Brute Boss
  - Boss Choppa
  - Jagged Gore-hacka
  - 2 x Gore-choppa
Gutrippaz (300)
  - Gutrippa Boss
  - Gutrippa Drummer
  - Gutrippa Banner Bearer
  - Wicked Stikka
OTHER
Orruk Gore-gruntas (170)
  - Gore-grunta Boss
  - Jagged Gore-hacka
Ironskull’s Boyz (80)
Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)
  - Boltboy Boss
CORE BATTALIONS
*Andtorian Acolytes
TOTAL POINTS: 1980/2000

I won round 1 against OBR on Nexus Collapse

I lost round 2 against StD on Every Step is Forward

I won round 3 against SoB w/Kragnos on Power Flux

I won round 4 against Khorne on Lines of Communication

I won round 5 against Kroak on Fountains of Frost

Edited by Brakkus
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Brakkus said:

This was my list:

Hide contents

- Army Faction: Orruk Warclans

- Army Type: Big Waaagh!
  - Triumph: Indomitable
LEADERS
Gobsprakk (240)
Orruk Warchanter (120)
  - Warbeats: Fixin’ Beat
Wurrgog Prophet (170)*
  - Artefacts of Power: Glowin’ Tattooz
  - Spells: Hoarfrost
Swampcalla Shaman and Pot-grot (100)*
  - General
  - Command Traits: Shaman of the Chilled Lands
  - Spells: Choking Mist
BATTLELINE
Orruk Brutes (280)
  - Brute Boss
  - Boss Klaw & Brute Smasha
  - Jagged Gore-hacka
  - 2 x Gore-choppa
Orruk Brutes (280)
  - Brute Boss
  - Boss Choppa
  - Jagged Gore-hacka
  - 2 x Gore-choppa
Gutrippaz (300)
  - Gutrippa Boss
  - Gutrippa Drummer
  - Gutrippa Banner Bearer
  - Wicked Stikka
OTHER
Orruk Gore-gruntas (170)
  - Gore-grunta Boss
  - Jagged Gore-hacka
Ironskull’s Boyz (80)
Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)
  - Boltboy Boss
CORE BATTALIONS
*Andtorian Acolytes
TOTAL POINTS: 1980/2000

I won round 1 against OBR on Nexus Collapse

I lost round 2 against StD on Every Step is Forward

I won round 3 against SoB w/Kragnos on Power Flux

I won round 4 against Khorne on Lines of Communication

I won round 5 against Kroak on Fountains of Frost

Would u still run the Brutes over the new Ardboyz?

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Would u still run the Brutes over the new Ardboyz?

Every time. I feel like ardboyz overall don't offer as much as brutes. Brutes are cheaper in min units and slightly more expensive when reinforced,, have more output, have better rend in 9/10 situations but are slightly less survivable due to a 4+ save vs a 3+ save.

In my experience, opponents are also more afraid of a unit of 10 brutes over ardboyz and will actively try to avoid the brutes. Finally, most things that are going to lift a unit of 10 brutes in one go will most likely have the ability to lift 10 ardboyz in one shot as well, so the additional 80 point cost of ardboyz isn't worth it in my opinion. 

• Like 1