How to fix/strengthen small spikes (particularly in Stormcast)

Lissë-Prime

I've played Stormcast Eternals for a while. After many trip back and forth from stores, my Stormcast's decorative pointy spikes were broken or bended.

Like this.

Example.png

I left mine at store so I use picture from GW website instead. But my minis are more bended and became very soft and fragile.

I think it maybe impossible to fix the broken one. But I would like to strengthen the soon-to-be-broken one for further damage.

I'm thinking of coating them with CA glue. But I'm not sure it is a good idea. Do you have any suggestion?

This is unfortunate.  Sometimes you can fix them by carefully scraping off any paint and then carefully coating in lots of plastic glue and as the plastic softens straighten them up by holding them against a flat blade for a while until they hold the correct shape then allow them to fully harden over 24hrs, they'll then need a bit of carving back into nice sharp spikes as the plastic glue will have made them a little fatter and more rounded.  

The other way is to cut them off maybe halfway down (below the bend), then drill a small hole and add a small pin (piece of paperclip) with super glue, then re-sculpt the point with some greenstuff.  To get them nice and sharp you can add more greenstuff then needed and carve it back to a point when it's fully cured.

Hope that helps.

11 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

How are you transporting them currently?

I use Citadel Battle Figure Cases. I think it is not suitable for spiky models because they just got hooked and stuck in the foam and damage when (not carefully enough) pull out.

11 hours ago, cb_rex said:

This is unfortunate.  Sometimes you can fix them by carefully scraping off any paint and then carefully coating in lots of plastic glue and as the plastic softens straighten them up by holding them against a flat blade for a while until they hold the correct shape then allow them to fully harden over 24hrs, they'll then need a bit of carving back into nice sharp spikes as the plastic glue will have made them a little fatter and more rounded. 

Thank you for the recommendation. I'll try plastic glue method. :) 

Archived