3.0 Need help completing or tweaking Host list

NeoSoul

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere, I tried to search through other posts first. S2D is my 3rd army that I mainly got because I love some of the models (especially Varanguard and Archaon) and from a painting point of view. I'm trying to look at my options and find how to best complete my list for 2k with what I have or adding 1-2 purchases max.

I would especially want to play my Archaon and my 9 Varanguards. I don't mind which allegiance but I think that Host of Everchosen is best for that.

Archaon + 9 varanguard fills the battleline requirements and puts me at 1670/2000.

I also have the following:
10x chaos warriors

5x chaos knights

1x Chaos Lord on Karkadrak

Khagra's Ravagers

1x Chaos Lord

1x Chaos Sorcerer Lord

My current thoughts would be to add in the Chaos Sorcerer Lord, Chaos Lord and buy one of the warbands (Untamed Beasts, Corvus Cabal or Spire Tyrants) but I don't know if the sorcerer lord is even that good now that his spell is basically an other mystic shield (or if it should be stacked over mystic shield to resist -1 rend?). Otherwise, I wonder if I should get an other box of Varanguard and play 12 of them but I'm afraid that I won't have enough heroes to make good use of command abilities. I like the Chaos Lord on Karkadrak but not sure how good he'd be in there and his command ability would be useless. I know Warshrines were very popular but with the way that they changed them with 3.0, I'm not sure if they're that important anymore. I would love to fit Be'Lakor in as I really like the model but it pushes it over 2k points unfortunately and I think I heard that he could no longer be taken with Archaon but I missed the reason for it.

Any input would be appreciated. I also wanted to double check, it seems like 3.0 says that Archaon is now considered a general in the other 4 god specific allegiances but not under S2D (I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out if there would be a way for me to have say Chaos Lord on Karkadrak as the general with universal enhancements and 2 strong auras while running Host of the Everchosen or if, as I understand it, Archaon absolutely needs to be the general there to unlock all of the special features).

Edited by NeoSoul
Didn't proofread and repeated some parts of sentences

I don't fill suited for most of your questions, so I will leave to more experienced S2D players, but regarding Belakor alongside Archeon, I believe the rule is only for Legions of the first prince subfaction. Errata on broken realms Belakor states that units with the Everchosen keyword cant be included.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oggurt_da_bog_zombie said:

This sounds... interesting. Link? How would this work exactly?

Lauchon the Soulseeker allows you to move a wizard 18" plus placement.

Arcane Tome makes a hero a wizard.

Chaos Lord is a fantastic piece to let Archaon and Varanguard inflict even more pain but struggles to keep up.

So this let's him fly up to where they are and be in position to apply that fight twice buff. And you get the added utility of him being a 1 cast/1 dispel wizard

If I was doing a Host I'd start at

Archaon and 6 Varanguard probably all in one unit. A Chaos Lord with Arcane Tome and 1-2 Sorceror Lords (Daemonic Power and Oracular Visions are amazing!) And the Soulseeker.

Fill the list out with nuisances. Horsemen for screening. Chariots for tagging Everchosen/Varanguard victims on the far side to mess up pile ins. Golems to survive as they're BS immune too in this subfaction. Shackles to delay where the murderers aren't. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Lauchon the Soulseeker allows you to move a wizard 18" plus placement.

Arcane Tome makes a hero a wizard.

Chaos Lord is a fantastic piece to let Archaon and Varanguard inflict even more pain but struggles to keep up.

So this let's him fly up to where they are and be in position to apply that fight twice buff. And you get the added utility of him being a 1 cast/1 dispel wizard

If I was doing a Host I'd start at

Archaon and 6 Varanguard probably all in one unit. A Chaos Lord with Arcane Tome and 1-2 Sorceror Lords (Daemonic Power and Oracular Visions are amazing!) And the Soulseeker.

Fill the list out with nuisances. Horsemen for screening. Chariots for tagging Everchosen/Varanguard victims on the far side to mess up pile ins. Golems to survive as they're BS immune too in this subfaction. Shackles to delay where the murderers aren't. 

I looked at the warscroll because I wasn't familiar with this endless spell. It says that one model from the unit that rides it dies afterwards... and since the Chaos Lord is a single model in the unit, wouldn't it kill him if he were to use it to move around faster?