Mount traits in 3.0

Holy_Diver

Question

Hi!
In my Ogor Mawtribes army, I choose the Boulderhead Sub Faction: this faction allows me to choose a mount trait for each STONEHORN and THUNDERTUSK HERO, instead of only one.
After that I wanna include a Warlord Core Battallion, that grants me another enchantment.
Now: can I choose the mount trait "Metal Cruncher" twice on my Frostlord on Stonehorn? 

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

If you use the Warscroll Builder to build your list, when you add a battalion it allows you to select an additional enhancement. Mount trait is not one of the additions that you can add. That should answer your question.

Convenient (and great!) as it is, warscroll builder is not an official source of rules (or points)

I tried looking this up. The text under ‘Mount Traits’ in the battletome forbids this. However, the FAQ says to delete that text.

I do think that they probably meant to keep the text that forbids multiples on one hero and duplicates, but that isn’t what the actual rules say right now. I still wouldn’t do it because to me it seems against the spirit of the game.

17 hours ago, Ksym77 said:

I tried looking this up. The text under ‘Mount Traits’ in the battletome forbids this. However, the FAQ says to delete that text.

I do think that they probably meant to keep the text that forbids multiples on one hero and duplicates, but that isn’t what the actual rules say right now. I still wouldn’t do it because to me it seems against the spirit of the game.

Mh so this stands in a "gray zone". Mount traits aren't treated at all in the rulebook...will be a problem if they don't solve this question.

Putting more than one Mount Trait on a single hero seems completely unintended to me, so I'm definitely not playing that way. I'm open to the idea that duplicate mount traits on different heroes is possible, as there was precedent for this in other books. But right now, none of these questions actually have answers in the rules - they're just not covered. Come to an agreement with your TO or opponent.

I imagine things like this will be written more clearly in new battletomes as they are released. Hopefully we also get a better set of FAQs at some point - enhancements are a real mess right now.

Hello,
For Ogor mawtribes, what about multiple mount traits on the same hero ?
And how many mount trait enhancement allow ? 1 enhancement fort 1 mount trait ? or 1 enhancement fort all hero mount trait ?
(The FAQ delete the restriction texte)

If you use the Warscroll Builder to build your list, when you add a battalion it allows you to select an additional enhancement. Mount trait is not one of the additions that you can add. That should answer your question.

Edited by Cosmicsheep