Pure Stormcast Eternals/Extremis most comp lists

AaronWilson

Yeah, I am just not sure what to pair my Skyborne slayers with.

I have 2 lists, one has a prime and a unit of Concussors for my Vexillor 

one is no prime and a Retributor blog and a Celestant Lord on Dracoth. Not sure what route to go down! 

I think the ret blob may be the better way!

I don't think Skyborne Slayers is worth it. A Knight-Vexillor is the same price as the Prosecutors+battalion and works better, as far as I can tell. Prosecutors never really work out for me anyway.

Edit: Whoops, I mixed up Hammerstrike Brotherhood with Skyborne Slayers. I don't have any experience with Skyborne Slayers since I don't own all the models necessary to field it yet.

18 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

I don't think Skyborne Slayers is worth it. A Knight-Vexillor is the same price as the Prosecutors+battalion and works better, as far as I can tell. Prosecutors never really work out for me anyway.

Edit: Whoops, I mixed up Hammerstrike Brotherhood with Skyborne Slayers. I don't have any experience with Skyborne Slayers since I don't own all the models necessary to field it yet.

The Hammerforce is worth but is different.

The advantage is that you can place your retributors RIGHT IN DA ENNEMY FACE at 0.001" from the ennemy (confirmed in the rules) bypassing the problematic charge roll . You also have  nice +1 to wound to your roll the turn you get in there.

The downside however is that it forces you to split your 10 man team in two which is problematic if you intend to soften an ennemy deathstar as you have to activate them in two parts. It also require you to advance prosecutors far enough to be in range (which should not be too difficult). It also cost 20 more than a vexilor :).

In the end it is not hte same but it is equivalent. It is up to you if you want to :

- split your deathteam to attack two target or obliterate one with a single team.

- Having a +1 to wound or a 1D3 mortal wound strike when you land.

- have a sitting duck in the rear with a nice charge reroll aura also covered by your general most of the time OR a 3man squad angel trying to snipe a lonely character.

Both have something.

Archived