Calligrave - Erasure marked

Loriel

Hello!

I bought the new battletome yesterday and skimmed through it. I was baffled about the Calligraves Erasure spell especially the marking option.

Why would I trade effectively 2d3 to only 1d6? Is there something crucial I am missing or some other synergy from some other warscroll? Only situation what I would "perhaps" usefull would be to attempt burn down enemy that would have high healing power and needed to be put down in single turn. but still.

Erasure is the stupidest spell in the game imo. One of the printed versions has a typo that says it does d3 normal wounds instead of mortal wounds, and d6 mortal wounds if marked. That at least made sense because you would save up against units with a mortal wound save. But after the FAQ it was corrected to mortal wounds on both sides.

I agree, I can't see much point in marking over simply doing 2d3 mortal wounds over time except in extremely niche situations. But even in those situations doing a guaranteed D3 over the potential for a d6 is probably better. Say your target has a mortal wound save this turn, and you think they won't have it next turn. Then it might be worth it, if you are also confident that the target will still be in range, you will be able to pass your second casting roll and your damage roll is at least average. But even then: do you have no other spells worth casting this round, or no other targets for erasure?

An FAQ I'd like to see in the future is that the marked condition stays even after being hit with the second casting. That way it becomes a decent spell for whittling down big, high wound targets over several rounds.

• Thanks 1