Hi from Trowbridge UK

Splitbristle

17 hours ago, Splitbristle said:

@RuneBrush yeah got to be careful how you pronounce that! 

Devises is close indeed. Made my first trip to the Attack! Show there a few weeks ago. I'm just getting back into all this so if there are any intro/friendly games about please let me know!

Sadly I missed Attack! this year as it was the same weekend as the Forge World Open Day in Nottingham and there wasn't enough time to travel up on the train and do the show.  Attack! is run by the Devizes and District Wargames Group (DDWG) who meet up on a Sunday afternoon.  However they mostly play historical from the seem of things.  That said it if we both fancied doing some AoS I'm happy to contact the chap who organises it and sort a table one weekend - could be a good way to get some being played AoS locally!  I think there is a low-ish annual subscription.

GW stores regularly run introductory games - Bath is a tiny store (one-man shop, funny hours but not very busy) and Swindon significantly larger (three staff, regular hours and busy quite a bit).

I believe there are groups that run in the evenings in Swindon and Bath too, but transport & work means I've never looked into them.

Thanks for the info Runebrush. I've been into the Bath GW a couple of times (in fact grabbed the General's Handbook from there yesterday) and it is quite a friendly store. As I work in Bath I may ask about an intro game there and see what they say.

Would be interested in something on a Sunday afternoon at DDWG too if something could be organised. Thanks again!

On 02/09/2016 at 3:29 PM, Splitbristle said:

Thanks for the info Runebrush. I've been into the Bath GW a couple of times (in fact grabbed the General's Handbook from there yesterday) and it is quite a friendly store. As I work in Bath I may ask about an intro game there and see what they say.

Would be interested in something on a Sunday afternoon at DDWG too if something could be organised. Thanks again!

Cool, I'll try and contact someone there and see what I can do!

Archived