Black marble Lumineth

SilentSentinel

Hey all, I've been warming up to the Lumineth since their release last year and this upcoming second wave might end up pushing me over the edge into maybe getting into them fully.

So my idea for the colour scheme was to do a black marble effect with maybe a semi-gloss for the armour panels with a light/liberator gold edges and details and purple and/or red for the robe and cloth bits. the part i'm stuck on is how i would actually go about doing the black marble armour, i have a few ideas but i thought i would put it you guys to maybe get some ideas.

Thoughts? 

• LOVE IT! 1

Look up the dryer sheet method. It involves pulling a dryer sheet thin so you can spray through it and usually you would paint the base black and spray white over it so you get little strands of marbling left over but it should be possible  to invert. 

I've not done it myself so please don't use my explanation as your methodology but I've seen the results and they look good. I imagine if you do the main armor first it should be pretty easy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Sounds awesome, sadly I have no idea how that black marble effect could be achieved. This tutorial from Mengel Miniatures might help, but as it was the first hit on google search I’m sure you have seen it already. 😅

Hopefully someone can help and you find out how to do this! 

Believe it or not i somehow haven't found that in all my searching haha, seems like a pretty good tutorial just need to swap out the turquoise for grey. Hopefully the eventual end result will look as cool as it does in my head haha

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Look up the dryer sheet method. It involves pulling a dryer sheet thin so you can spray through it and usually you would paint the base black and spray white over it so you get little strands of marbling left over but it should be possible  to invert. 

I've not done it myself so please don't use my explanation as your methodology but I've seen the results and they look good. I imagine if you do the main armor first it should be pretty easy.

Huh yeah definitely seems like an interesting method, will have to look into it. it would certainly speed up the process rather than painting the marbling by hand.

Likely won't be getting any of the kits for a little while yet so plenty of time to keep researching, might have to also see if I've got something spare or leftover to practice on.