Stormcast tournament lists

Thesockra

I have seen so many "competitive" Stormcast lists, at 1k, that are exactly the same.  

Vexillor

2x 5 judicators

10 retributors

how is this competitive?  I feel like you get the one good charge on but then anything you don't tie up are free to go grab objectives unchallenged.

on a side question, I have been thinking about attending a couple local tournaments, but am iffy if it means running lists like that to have a chance of winning.  I prefer more balanced and interesting lists.

It is competitive, I can't deny that but I doubt it's going to win many tournaments at 1K as @Nico said, it can't contest much under the GHB system. It's also 4 drops so in most cases you would be going second and if someone can kill the Vexillor (and there are a lot of Mortal wound tools to do this) first turn you've had it. I think something like an enlarged Vanguard Wing + 1 core unit is better at 1000 points. Probably maximizing units whilst minimizing drops as a core strategy is a good general rule.

Optimal Stormcast list at 1,000 points:

• 5 Judicators 160
  • 5 Judicators 160
  • 5 Judicators 160
  • 5 Judicators 160
  • 5 Judicators 160
  • Lord Castellant 100
  • Lord Castellant 100

Practically the only thing this might lose to would be other Stormcasts or double Stonehorn or Double Deceiver or 3 x 30 Plaguebearers.

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Optimal Stormcast list at 1,000 points:

• 5 Judicators 160
  • 5 Judicators 160
  • 5 Judicators 160
  • 5 Judicators 160
  • 5 Judicators 160
  • Lord Castellant 100
  • Lord Castellant 100

Practically the only thing this might lose to would be other Stormcasts or double Stonehorn or Double Deceiver or 3 x 30 Plaguebearers.

If it weren't for the fact I would need 2 more boxes of Judicators and 1 more castillent I would totally run that.

40 minutes ago, ernestern said:

Why a lord castellant? His buff only affects the combat phase which won't really do much for the judicators?

Castellant for the +1 save, not Celestant for +1 to hit. But for the Celestant on foot, you are correct. 

3 hours ago, Nico said:

I was half joking about this list as it's a viable 40K army - trying to emphasise how broken Judicatirs as Battkeline is.

Always bows.

Your half joking list isn't that far off from my current idea of 2 venators, an azyros, 3x 5 Judicators, and 6 prosecutors 

Archived