Best counter to DoK?

nachotacos

DOK faction is in a bad place at the moment and generally had a lot of weakness and to expensives units, for what is on the warscroll.

If you shoot them they die instantly, KO can kill all your heroes and and most of your witches in first turn forcing a forfeit at the start of them game.

Anything that rescricts movements, the sharks no pile in rules and that horrible horrible broken skaven trap KO players use, you kill half the arm turn 1 and then the rest cannot move and gets killed right after in turn 2.

Anything with an armor save of 3 or better, because there is no rend in the army and the rend you have is way to expensive, so you can simply tank all the witches, with a very small unit if it has a good save.

Minus to hits, Gloomspite are a ****** they minusses and so many models are a pain and they will never have enough damage to kill them.

Anything with good unbinds, they have one spell they need to do in order to do damage and its tough to get off.

Stormcast with ballistas shooting cauldren and then their 2+ armor saves are impossible.

Ironjaws in big waaaaaaaagh, is like witche aelves except better at everything except move, and with a spell they have better move, saves, and have ward saves aswell, rend 1 and damaage 2 on there boys.

OBR: really good saves, they will kill the daughters but they daughters will never kill any of them.

in short most melee armies are better than DOK at everything, maybe except khorn and most shooting armies will kill them turn 1 or kill the important things, so the rest of their units become useless.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

Tell that to the good people of Anvilgaard🙂

:D :D I loled, yea they are in a really bad place, permanent resident of ****** Creek, but maybe they can rebuild a nice society now that Morathi liberated them from the tyraniccal opression! a free new glorious society!

5 hours ago, Gokken said:

DOK faction is in a bad place at the moment and generally had a lot of weakness and to expensives units, for what is on the warscroll.

If you shoot them they die instantly, KO can kill all your heroes and and most of your witches in first turn forcing a forfeit at the start of them game.

Anything that rescricts movements, the sharks no pile in rules and that horrible horrible broken skaven trap KO players use, you kill half the arm turn 1 and then the rest cannot move and gets killed right after in turn 2.

Anything with an armor save of 3 or better, because there is no rend in the army and the rend you have is way to expensive, so you can simply tank all the witches, with a very small unit if it has a good save.

Minus to hits, Gloomspite are a ****** they minusses and so many models are a pain and they will never have enough damage to kill them.

Anything with good unbinds, they have one spell they need to do in order to do damage and its tough to get off.

Stormcast with ballistas shooting cauldren and then their 2+ armor saves are impossible.

Ironjaws in big waaaaaaaagh, is like witche aelves except better at everything except move, and with a spell they have better move, saves, and have ward saves aswell, rend 1 and damaage 2 on there boys.

OBR: really good saves, they will kill the daughters but they daughters will never kill any of them.

in short most melee armies are better than DOK at everything, maybe except khorn and most shooting armies will kill them turn 1 or kill the important things, so the rest of their units become useless.

LoL as a DOK player you must be playing vs some terrible DOK players my dude 

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

LoL as a DOK player you must be playing vs some terrible DOK players my dude 

I play them myself, they are not as great as they used to be, and alot of other armies are very strong compared to what they used to be. They are not bad.

I don't know what setup you play but my cauldren and witches are almost always gone when I face off against KO or other shooting armies, and from there it goes to ****** fast, specially with the skaven spell in a bottle.

DOK are easy to kill with movement impearing things, shooting and minusses to hit, we are sorta forced to take Morathi to deal with those things now with her new change.

29 minutes ago, Gokken said:

I play them myself, they are not as great as they used to be, and alot of other armies are very strong compared to what they used to be. They are not bad.

I don't know what setup you play but my cauldren and witches are almost always gone when I face off against KO or other shooting armies, and from there it goes to ****** fast, specially with the skaven spell in a bottle.

DOK are easy to kill with movement impearing things, shooting and minusses to hit, we are sorta forced to take Morathi to deal with those things now with her new change.

I too lose my cauldron and a lot of my sisters of slaughter fighting KO. But then what I have left is able to wipe the board of most of the KO stuff. Ive had good success against them so far. 

DoK used to be ridiculously strong, oppressively so I would argue. Now many armies have been updated and have gotten strength boosts, but daughters are absolutely still a contender. You just dont hear about them as much because so few people play them comparatively. 

I'm with @Chumphammer and disagree with most of your points.

• Like 1

They are still a contender sure, I have yet to win against KO but nice that its doable. 

I don't know what there is to agree about? 

if you have no rend having fighting against a 2+ armor save with RR 1s will give an average of 3 damage per 100 attack 

if you have many attacks throwing -1 or -2 can remove many attacks there is a huge difference between 3+ and 5+ when you make many attacks.

shooting is tough if your armor save is 5+ or 6+

6 hours ago, Gokken said:

They are still a contender sure, I have yet to win against KO but nice that its doable. 

I don't know what there is to agree about? 

if you have no rend having fighting against a 2+ armor save with RR 1s will give an average of 3 damage per 100 attack 

if you have many attacks throwing -1 or -2 can remove many attacks there is a huge difference between 3+ and 5+ when you make many attacks.

shooting is tough if your armor save is 5+ or 6+

Rend 1 or 2 is just a mind razor cast away. Not always reliable, but its there. And if you do it on big morathi or snakes, you're gonna be getting +1 damage as well. Also, as much as the new blood sister warscroll is maligned for the crystal touch change, this situation (im assuming you're talking about the liberators in the stormkeep) is ideal for it, since the libs won't do enough damage to thin the snake ranks much.

Sure getting negative to hit modifiers sucks. Who isn't that the case for though? I'd honestly rather be getting minuses to hit with my DoK units than if I was running terrorgheists or some other big monsters. 

Yeah shooting sucks to fight against for us. Again though, we have one of the best counters to it in the game in morathi. And its not that bad. We don't really seem to pay much of a premium for survivability for our army, whereas many armies that have better armor saves pay a good chunk of points for it. So when the shooting has rend 2 or more, and those units with high armor are reduced to a 5 or 6+ save, id argue that feels even worse than when DoK models are removed from shooting.