Advice on Necromancer

liamdeath

I have recently started collecting a skeleton hoard army (start collecting box 😅) and am eager to start to work out where I'm going with it next. Iv also picked up isabella von carstein from GW. I'm not too fussed about running a vampire on foot because I plan on having one mounted on a zombie dragon. what are peoples thoughts on me running her as a necromancer instead? is this just not cool?

Also, I you plan to mount just Arkham, you can tweak the bits from the other mortarchs to make 2 more vampires on foot, or, more interesting for you, I think Neferata just pass nicely for a jumping, more like landing, Necromancer (has clearly a staff). These are my approach to that. Neferata, just a touch with a heatgun while pressing to the working table, it gets flat for better adherence. Mannfred, some cuts and some putty did the trick.

Sorry for the crappy phone photos

IMG_20200826_094845.jpg.89069feb7a5c90f011bfc8a9e57787a5.jpg

IMG_20200826_094912.jpg.d47f4d9bfed0b27304078beb05a7b18b.jpg

I guess it is only a problem when you run the von Carstein family trip on foot and it is tricky for your opponent to distinguish between a vamp lord and the necromancer next to him.

saying: staff is a necromancer, swords are vamp lords should be fine by most standards.

Also keep track of who can cast what spell and carried which artifact, written down next to the chart on the army sheet.

nice touch if somebody doesn’t believe he killed the „wrong“ necromancer and overwhelming dread is going to be cast next turn... or for you to find out, that you placed your buff 1“ off and now you’re doooomed 🙀🙈

6 hours ago, Chikrit said:

IMG_20200826_094845.jpg.89069feb7a5c90f011bfc8a9e57787a5.jpg

Hi,

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one against wasting leftovers parts (or that didnt think about magnetising Arkhan...) =>

image0.jpeg.f463d04daeb4b9126b904b14fa69a84b.jpeg

For necro team mates, TBH, I would recomande more the Collegiate Arcane Mystic Battle Wizards, they allow you to have different flavor when defintively Mannfred and Neferata looks too much vampire for me to this job =>

image1.jpeg.b4e56fd621ef5c42a92dcbdf15d888bb.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Exactly. Wasting beautiful and expensive bits is a nono 😄

I haven’t played and neither plan to. I’m only into this for the painting, but I must admit that I have thought about the collegiate arcane as well for converting them to necros. Good job on the left arm angle correction on Mannfred. I opted to just elevate him, which is easier 😇