2000 Point Battlehost list advice

AaronWilson

Hey guys, I am trying to settle on a 2000 point list that I'm happy with and I want to mix a little bit of the mortal chaos world with Tzeentch demons as they're my two favorites things from the Sigmar setting. I THINK I've settled on a list I'm somewhat happy with,  I want to have multiple threats in my list without it feeling OTT and I want it to resemble the two parts of Chaos as above.

Kairos Fateweaver - 300
Chaos Lord on Deamonic Mount - (Tzeentch) - 140
Deamon Prince (Tzeentch) - 160

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch - 140
10 Chaos Knights (Chaos Lance) - 400
3 Varanguard (Felspear) - 360

Mutalith Vortex Beast - 220

It's fluffy, but that's its chief virtue.

You definitely don't want all Horrors as Battleline, since you are going to run out of unique spells very quickly (especially when they are only 20 points cheaper than Judicators). I would go for Warriors of Chaos of Tzeentch instead as they are undercosted and solid.

The Mutalith is as bad as its price tag suggests. It doesn't fulfill any of the roles that a monster should do (other than as a distraction).

The Varanguard aren't a great choice as you cannot buff them with this list. Perhaps take a Chaos Sorceror Lord for Daemonic Power and Oracular Visions.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Tzeentch are really at the bottom of the pile at the moment. They need an allegiance pack with a lore badly.

Here's my best bet, the trolling list. It's basically as many debuffs as you can find, plus a solid block of 3 x 10 Warriors of Tzeentch. The Verminlord Deceiver supplies assassination/kills artillery. I think it would be fun to play but not very solid.

1 x Be'Lakor (1)

1 x Galrauch (1)

1 x Kairos Fateweaver (1)

1 x Changeling (1)

1 x Verminlord Deceiver (1)

1 x Festus the Leechlord (1)

1 x Chaos Warriors (10)

1 x Chaos Warriors (10)

1 x Chaos Warriors (10)

In your first turn, Kairos gets up on a Balewind Vortex and is actually in range to cast some debuffs (hooray). Start by permanently knocking one off the save of the enemy's best unit or hero. Repeat this every turn. It's unbelievably lame how you can often have games where 4 turns go by before you can actually cast a debuff spell. They should double all of the debuff spells' ranges across the board and have new ones to counter ranged units (e.g. reduce range by 3 quarters) - the Daemonsmith is a start.

Then stick in -1 to wound on something important (like that block of 40 lame as anything Orruk archers). Or zap an artillery crew for D6 mortal wounds with Kairos's own spell. 

The VLD teleports over and takes out a key wizard, artillery piece or shooting unit.

The Changeling can slow the speed of one Stonehorn/Archaon/Alarielle etc.. Alternatively, YOLO him into Alarielle and smash her with the antlers (using Kairos to ensure she fails one of her saves).

Be'Lakor can disable one unit for a battleround which is sweet. He's decent in combat and very tough.

The Galrauch cautiously moves forward and shoots stuff.

Kairos trolls one of their key charge rolls (etc..) by changing one of the dice to a 1 to make them fail it.

What would really help would be a Tzeentch lore. One spell that would help would be something that stuns a unit so that it cannot move or shoot or charge (on a difficult cast roll). This would be a nice hard counter to deathstars or Lords on Stonehorns, which Tzeentch currently struggle to deal with in the absence of double Gateway.

No problem :) I decided on the below list, I'm not hugely fussed how bad or good it is, it resembles the allegiance between the Mortal Chaos and the Deamons of Tzeentch nicely, has a dew center piece models and looks fun enough!

Kairos Fateweaver - 300
Deamon Prince - 160
Chaos Lord on Deamonic Mount - 140

10 Chaos Warriors x 3 - 540
3 Flamers of Tzeetnch x 2 - 400
10 Chaos Knights - 400

Godsworn Champions of Ruin - 60.

Archived