By Sigmar's Head!

By Sigmar's Head!   

8 members have voted

1. 1. how did you paint the warcry statue?

• Stone- granite, concrete ect.
    • Metallic- copper with or without oxidation
    • Metallic- Steel / iron
    • Marble- you bloody show off
    • Stone and Metallic combo

Hey guys, got a simple question for ya. I have had sigmar's head sitting in my to do pile for almost a year now but I have no clue how the heck I want to paint it. There are so manu different ideas that I just cannot chose. Anyone have any advice or tips on what they did? please share what color scheme you did, and why?

Edited by Acid_Nine

Went for stone and metallic for the head crest, first I done a zenithal prime using black, grey (at 45 degrees) and white (straight down lightly). Then I drybrushed with white. Finished stone with thinned Sap Green oil paint (any green wash would do) around the bottom and anywhere  thought water would collect, after a few mins I cleaned some of the green off with white spirits and a cotton swab.

The crest was painted Balthazar gold, washed with agrax, then nihilakh oxide in spots, highlighted with scyorax bronze and finally runefang steel.

For some reason, the green is way more intense on my phone camera than in person!

IMG_20200521_000937.jpg.d7f4a5adcb61f97040773638f9ce6f76.jpgIMG_20200521_000900.jpg.82647ac678b2b3b81aa7687d07b4ebca.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1