The Preview Online - TGA Chat

Ben

I typically hate elves of all kinds - especially traditional elves like Old World Warhammer Elves.  That said, for the most part I like what they have done with elves in AoS for the most part (except the generic stuff in Cities).  Sylvaneth were converted in fae nature demons.  Daughters of Khaine took Witch Elves and leaned heavy into Greek mythology & aesthetic.  Idoneth went in on crazy Aquaman-ish sea monsters (although I wish they had gone deeper with that theme).

But, this is the first full AoS aelf faction that misses the mark for me - and that is because they are not leaning hard enough into the Yak/Cow theme.  I love the giant Cow monsters, I love that they are pulling in more of an eastern visual theme, but to me they did not go far enough with that theme.  The models all have good detail and are sculpted well.  It is a nice blend of old high-elves and the new aesthetic.  But I generally just don't like the old High Elf visual theme in the first place - so I would have liked less of that and more of crazy mountain-yak elves. 

But I also have enough armies currently and so if a new one misses the mark thematically/visually for my tastes then it's ok.  I am sure others will like it and that is just fine.  The only army that I would really like at this point in time is a true monster-mash army designed from the ground up for running a bunch of giant monsters (hopefully Sons of Behemat fills that niche for me).