No shields for Chaos Lord / Hero?

Dex_911

Hi guys!

First post here and looking to start my first AoS S2D army.

I have some of the older chaos lord models, inc Archaon on foot that I would like to use in my army - but I can't see any option for our generic hero's to take shields of anykind?
Am I missing something? I like to model WYSIWYG and having lords with shields would be good...

Thanks!
Dex

I did read that somewhere - but there's still no wargear option for a shield right? I know I might be overthinking this a little - i just it find it strange there's no option to have one. Even the model they showcase as an 'exalted hero' has a shield on it...

Ah well...I suppose my lord / hero will be having the shield to look cool and that's it I guess :( 

5 hours ago, Dex_911 said:

I did read that somewhere - but there's still no wargear option for a shield right? I know I might be overthinking this a little - i just it find it strange there's no option to have one. Even the model they showcase as an 'exalted hero' has a shield on it...

Ah well...I suppose my lord / hero will be having the shield to look cool and that's it I guess :( 

Yep thats life

Generally speaking, GW has rolled shields into armor saves now. The most obvious example being that all the Saurus with shields lost their shield benefit in the new book but all got +1 save. This is also why I think that the mounted chaos lord enjoys a 3+ save. GW's logic is that he has a 4+ save and the shield brings it up to a 3+. The perk of this though is that you get the bonus whether you model the shield on your model or not. :)

47 minutes ago, themortalgod said:

Generally speaking, GW has rolled shields into armor saves now. The most obvious example being that all the Saurus with shields lost their shield benefit in the new book but all got +1 save. This is also why I think that the mounted chaos lord enjoys a 3+ save. GW's logic is that he has a 4+ save and the shield brings it up to a 3+. The perk of this though is that you get the bonus whether you model the shield on your model or not. :)

The mounted chaos lord is at 4+ save with his shield providing a 5+ save for mortal wounds. Same for the Lord on manticore. Would love them to be at a 3+ save like the Khorne Lord on Juggernaught as that would make them more playable. Oddly enough the new Lord on Karkadrak enjoys a 3+ save without having a shield. (I guess they justify this with his heavy armored mount)

The exalted Heroes of Chaos also have the shield bonus integrated by default with their "Dark Blessings" ability that gives the 5+ save on mortal wounds, which was the "Chaos Runeshield" bonus in their old warscroll.