First Competitive 2k list SE

Dracothjay

Hey guys, made a list last night to be competitive and to also bring some balance and control. Would love to hear some advice on alterations i could make. I haven't gone for a formation as i wanted to load my army out for sheer volume.

Lord Celestant - +1 extra attack + -1 Rend

Knight Vexillor

Knight Venator

Lord Castellant

Judicators X 5- Battle line

Judicators X 5- Battle line

Liberators X 5 - Battle line

Liberators X 5 - Battle line

Paladin Retributors X 10 - 4 Maces

Protectors X 5 - 2 maces

Decimators X 5 - 2 maces

Prosecutors X 3 Hammers

1960/2000

So, my plan is to be able to facilitate any scenario, be it objective holding, objective taking, all out battle or what ever is thrown at me.

For my Battle line, i threw in an extra unit of Liberators to bulk up objective play, but i'm wondering if i should drop that 100 points, which i would then have 140 points  to play with and try and squeeze an extra hero in.

My Lord selection is an obvious synergy, but Knight Venator is there to try and solo some characters with his one shot or to harass units in conjuction with Judicators and Prosecutors.

Thoughts guys?

In my opinion the best of SE is their cool battalions. So you waste pretty much the best part of SE. Also those Battalions make you mobile. If you REALLY want to stick with the idea not using Battalions you will need Dracothian Guards.

And: I dont think that you can beat other competetive lists, if you dont have at least 1 very powerful modell, e.g. Celestant Prime or Stardrake.

Overall nice list, but not competetive at all.

SE-Lists are likely that on tournaments:

- Stardrake

- Castellant

- Vexillor

- 4 Fulminators/Concussors (maybe 10 Retributors)

- ~ 20 Judicators

Think about, how you can beat that. Your list wont...

When you say 20 Judicators i take it thats the complete Battle line? If so, i had thoughts of dropping all Liberators and replacing them for more Judicators.

But, i see your point. I do have a Celestant Prime almost painted so i will look to use him. 

I really like the idea of getting liberators into combat and following up with judicators with crossbows or tempestors sitting outside of combat lighting up the enemy unit with more crossbows and dracoth breath.  Liberators are pretty durable with their shield and in groups of ten.

11 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

+1 extra attack + -1 Rend

Have you got 2 artefacts without a formation or am I missing something?

A battle trait granting 1 attack maybe. Should double check my ghb.

Which I did, I have done that, that is done and read... following along now 100%

Carry on.

Feedback on list:

I've models and lists quite like it. What I have in addition that I try to shoehorn in is 2 x concussors and a LCoSD. I think the comment by Louzi is maybe quite accurate. Your list is balanced and I think will do well but against someone's 'I took only the best' list it'll probably be a challenge.

Still, that's the thing - do you fight fire with fire or decide the fun you're going to have will be: how do I counter those 'took the best' lists with what I've got?

16 hours ago, Louzi said:

In my opinion the best of SE is their cool battalions. So you waste pretty much the best part of SE. Also those Battalions make you mobile. If you REALLY want to stick with the idea not using Battalions you will need Dracothian Guards.

And: I dont think that you can beat other competetive lists, if you dont have at least 1 very powerful modell, e.g. Celestant Prime or Stardrake.

Overall nice list, but not competetive at all.

SE-Lists are likely that on tournaments:

- Stardrake

- Castellant

- Vexillor

- 4 Fulminators/Concussors (maybe 10 Retributors)

- ~ 20 Judicators

Think about, how you can beat that. Your list wont...

Hello.

I fail to see the point of the vexilor here as i see nothing worth of teleporting, maybe the dracoth but they are mobile enough already. :/

is it necessary to have that much judicators?

Kozokus

If you dont have a battalion that allows you to deep strike, you should always take the Vexillor, because:

- you have to reach those nasty key models of your opponent that will be protected behind alot of battleline

or

- reach a objective in the last moment

or

- to make sure the opponent missiles will concentrate on Vex and u will get in combat with full wounds

Judicators are not cheap, but I think they are still the better battleline choice. They can hold objectives and still shoot those nasty little wizzards, priest etc. If you let hold a group of Liberators hold objective, thats pretty much a waste of points, because they wont help u at all and your opponent isnt that stupid to run in a group of 10 Liberators, if there are still objectives to get or other units to kill.

12 hours ago, Louzi said:

If you dont have a battalion that allows you to deep strike, you should always take the Vexillor, because:

- you have to reach those nasty key models of your opponent that will be protected behind alot of battleline

or

- reach a objective in the last moment

or

- to make sure the opponent missiles will concentrate on Vex and u will get in combat with full wounds

Judicators are not cheap, but I think they are still the better battleline choice. They can hold objectives and still shoot those nasty little wizzards, priest etc. If you let hold a group of Liberators hold objective, thats pretty much a waste of points, because they wont help u at all and your opponent isnt that stupid to run in a group of 10 Liberators, if there are still objectives to get or other units to kill.

I admit my lack of vision. The ability to replace units is invaluable indeed and vexilor seems almost mandatory at any format unless your units already deepstrike.

Kozokus.

Archived