1000 points Bloodbound

Vissah

I am in the process or building my first Age of Sigmar army.

I am looking at building a 1000 point army because me and my friends for years are thinking that these are the most fun games to play, we played lots of 40K and Fantasy aswell.

Now this is what I got so far.

Aspiring Champion

Slaughterpriest

2x 10 Blood Warriors

3 Mighty Skullcrushers

As you can see I got the Khorne getting started box as a present from my mates and got the Champion and the Warriors seperate because I just love to have a line of battle hardened elite troops. Anyway I want to build it up to 1000 points and I got some ideas but I need some help. THese are the units I am considering.

Skarr Bloodwrath, he looks like an amazing beatstick, nothing special but just smashing face.

Valkia the Bloody, same as abaove.

Skullgrinder

Wrathmongers or Skullreapers, I think Wrathmongers are the better option because the bring more to the table then just smashing like the Skullreapers.

Soul Grinder, don`t know if this is worth it because I never played with one before but having a big ass monster in specially 1000 points is always good I think.

The list I am thinking of building is this following.

Aspiring Deathbringer

Skullgrinder

Slaughterpriest

2x10 Blood Warriors

5 Wrathmongers

3 Skullcrushers  

I am open for suggestions if there is something better ofcourse :D

Anyway thanks for reading and thanks for the help.

With 2x10 Bloodwarriors you have the Battleline requirements covered, and with the addition of the Skullcrushers you have a solid core for your army. I would try to get a Bloodsecrator to swap for the Aspiring Champion. The +1 A and No battleshock bubble is awesome. After that is just personal taste, but I would go for a Lord on Juggernaut and a unit of Skullreapers because a unit with a special rule that makes them count skulls to get bonuses should be in every Khorne army. 

I'm with you and your friends on playing 1000 points games: fast, furious, fun and can be played in smaller tables (4x4). In my group we also play that game size.

34 minutes ago, Ansuz said:

With 2x10 Bloodwarriors you have the Battleline requirements covered, and with the addition of the Skullcrushers you have a solid core for your army. I would try to get a Bloodsecrator to swap for the Aspiring Champion. The +1 A and No battleshock bubble is awesome. After that is just personal taste, but I would go for a Lord on Juggernaut and a unit of Skullreapers because a unit with a special rule that makes them count skulls to get bonuses should be in every Khorne army. 

I'm with you and your friends on playing 1000 points games: fast, furious, fun and can be played in smaller tables (4x4). In my group we also play that game size.

Thanks for the reply.

For now all I got is the 2x10 Blood Warriors, the Skullcrushers (lovely models), Slaughterpriest and the Aspiring Deathbringer (got that model for the +1 attack).

Only a couple models are glued and I just started painting so it will take a while before it is all finished but like we all do I am already looking at other units to make the army 1000 points. The Bloodsecretor is a hero that I see popping up in almost all lists and I have to say he looks really good but I dont have the starter box and you can not buy him seperate. I will take a look online and see if I can order him somewere. 

I like the look of the Skullreapers more then the Wrathmongers but like I said giving another +1 attack to your battleline is pretty sweet :D and they can go after monster if they show up at 1000 points. The Jugger Lord looks pretty impresive to and since we only play 1000 points a guy like that can potentially be wrecking face, only downside is that he is made in finecast (had some bad experiences with it). A Soul Grinder also looks great but I prefer to stay within Bloodbound.

Decision decisions!! All Khorne units are great and look good but I will get there :D

5 hours ago, Vissah said:

only downside is that he is made in finecast (had some bad experiences with it)

If you can pick up a basic Skullcrusher off eBay, it's pretty simple to kit-bash a Jugger Lord at a significantly lower price point than the finecast one!

A Soul Grinder also looks great but I prefer to stay within Bloodbound

Soul Grinders are one of the units you can make follow Khorne so it'll benefit from some of the buffs you can throw out (though it's not Mortal so not all buffs)

One quick question.

You guys think Skarbrand is worth it in a 1000 points army. I will use him as my only general and back him up with a battleline of Bloodwarriors and Wrathmongers.

The model is great but expensive and costs a lot of points. What you say is the point cost to high for 1000 points or will he be a wreckingball?

One quick question.

You guys think Skarbrand is worth it in a 1000 points army. I will use him as my only general and back him up with a battleline of Bloodwarriors and Wrathmongers.

The model is great but expensive and costs a lot of points. What you say is the point cost to high for 1000 points or will he be a wreckingball?

Personally I think he's overkill for that size game, he'd brutally murderise most opponents without pausing for breath :P  Not sure your opponent would find it that enjoyable.

However people do field two greater daemons in 1000 points so I'd say it depends where you're planning to play and with who - he is an amazing model though!

Yeah I thought he was a bit much. Most of my mates play with infantry and cavalry but they also throw in a monster, because they make nice center pieces, and I am also looking at the Bloodthirster of Insenate Rage. I just love that model with that big two handed axe and he is 280 points the same as a Soulgrinder.

I prefer to stay within Bloudbound but having a monster is just really cool ?

I know what you mean, sadly you're quite limited on the monster front with Khorne as a keyword (which makes sense), would have been nice to have had one specific to Bloodbound in the same way Rotbringers have some - but you can't have everything :) 

Chaos Warshrine is always popular if you have a lot of Bloodreavers or troops as you can tag it as Khorne and it provides some nice bonuses.  Failing that the only option would be Bloodthirster of some variety.

Yuck - I didn't think Corgis had the monster keyword as they are a unit of multiple models. The fact that they do costs them a cover save. Even more of a fail.

There is of course Skaarac - who is good the first time you use him, then your opponent learns what his deathbomb mechanic does. 

I was referring more to behemoth style monsters.  Korgi monster sadly doesn't have much going for him other than as a tarpit unit - that said he's only 80 points and can be fielded in units so has the potential to be a pain :)  I only run one (until they release new models) and so far he's only died once

I use Skarbrand a lot. I mean every time. He's 400 points but I'd pay double. Absolutely smashes face. Units, monsters, heroes everything. He smashes them all.

Ahem.

I am a fan of all the starter box heroes, I'd suggest splitting a box with one of your friends who may want Sigmarines. 

The Skullcrushers don't exist, we only have MIGHTY Skullcrushers. World of difference. Those guys are great though, hit hard and are really tanky. Make sure you model them with glaives!

2 hours ago, Wolden Spoons said:

I use Skarbrand a lot. I mean every time. He's 400 points but I'd pay double. Absolutely smashes face. Units, monsters, heroes everything. He smashes them all.

Ahem.

I dont/can't or i would play Archaon at 1000pts but i play him in my bloodbound 2000pts and above.

Hes great

Synergies; works with everything chaos he helps my bloodletters re roll hits and regain models through battleshock (-/+ 2 on dice).

I take multiple khorne heroes that have command abilites so i get extra buffs for free to buff my bloodreaver hordes and elite units.

Hes a pretty baller combat beast against almost anything, but i think hes better as a tank with his amazing survivability, hes a wizard to buff his save.

I think hes worth the 700pts on every level but im a fan boy from day one and his story has only improve with time (except the kick to the groin that makes no sense in the fluff) amazing asthetically and rules wise aswell.

But when i cant take archaon i love skarbrand and have played him in 1000pts and totally agree but think hes suited to playing the newer armies at that lowish end of points.

Archived