Do "Mortal Wounds" count towards things that say "wounds are inflicted"

SleeperAgent

Question

I know this might sound crazy but I wanna make sure. The reference is the Goblet of Draining in the Realm of Shyish artifacts.

"If 1 or more wounds are inflicted on an enemy HERO by the bearer, roll a dice. On a 5+ that HERO suffers D3 mortal wounds."

Would this trigger say on a Stonehorn that charges and deals mortal wounds for Trampling Charge? And then again with Metalcruncher?

I feel like I've read the answer before but I couldn't find it. Just making sure that "wounds" as written also encompasses mortal wounds.

3 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

Wouldn't the charge count and not the metalcruncher then? Metalcruncher is the mount trait, whereas the Frostlord is charging as well.  Like would it count for Blast of Frost Wreathed Ice and Pulverizing Hailstorm?

Sorry my bad - forgot that metalcruncher was a mount trait (I really need to sit down and read through the battletome fully).  I've just had a look and the artefact would trigger on anything that specifically doesn't state it's from the mount.

In my view that would be: Trampling Charge; Grasp of the Everwinter; Harpoon Launcher/Trap;  Punches & Kicks; Prayers (e.g. Pulverizing Hailstorm)

It would not be: mount traits (e.g. Metalcruncher); Frost-wreathed Ice; Horns, Hooves.  As these all state they are from the mount

And I don't have a clue on the Blood Vulture?  Quite often "pets" are treated as mounts (such as the Mighty Lord of Khorne), but I can't find anything that specifically states the Blood Vulture should be treated as such.

• Thanks 1

Ish.  Artefacts don't affect the mount unless explicitly stated, so you'll get to roll for damage from Metalcruncher but not the Stonehorn charge.

One thing to remember too is that if the wound is negated in any way (e.g. a Disgustingly Resilient roll on a Plaguebearer or Deathless Minions save on a Death model) then that doesn't count as being inflicted.

5 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Ish.  Artefacts don't affect the mount unless explicitly stated, so you'll get to roll for damage from Metalcruncher but not the Stonehorn charge.

One thing to remember too is that if the wound is negated in any way (e.g. a Disgustingly Resilient roll on a Plaguebearer or Deathless Minions save on a Death model) then that doesn't count as being inflicted.

Wouldn't the charge count and not the metalcruncher then? Metalcruncher is the mount trait, whereas the Frostlord is charging as well.  Like would it count for Blast of Frost Wreathed Ice and Pulverizing Hailstorm?