AoS Statshammer: A tool for caclulating and comparing damage outputs for Warhammer Age of Sigmar units.

NoMaDhOoK

35 minutes ago, Boar said:

Great stuff. I checked a thing or two just now with my old spreadsheets , looks very close. So, how many simulations are you using, 1000?

I need to get back to my Python, holiday food slowed me down, heh.

5000 per save currently. I am still messing around with the number, trying to balance accuracy with speed. But unfortunately the number needs to be quite high to handle certain modifier combinations (especially with target modifiers, which I am currently working on). 

Edited by NoMaDhOoK
Clarification

@damonhook damonhook released this 14 minutes ago

Changes

• Added Target Modifiers to Average Stats and Advanced Stats. (c.c. Requestors: @Inquisitorsz)
    • Current list:
      • Reroll 1's to Save
      • Reroll Failed Saves
      • Reroll Saves
      • Feel no pain (FNP)
      • Mortal Wound Negation
    • With more to come in the future
  • Added Clear Target button to drawer

UI

• Minor adjustments in order to facilitate the new Target modifiers
    • Added tabs to desktop left side for units and target
    • Added 3rd tab to mobile for target
  • Added a Target summary to the stats tab (side)

PDF

• Added the target modifiers to the PDF

Misc

• Added canonical URL to site

Fixes

• Fixed PDF on mobile chopping titles off of graphs
  • Fixed Weapon Profile not disabling confirm when incorrect modifiers are present
    • This only happened when you re-open the dialog for an existing profile which had modifiers

In a future update: I am going to allow you to toggle the modifiers for target modifiers and weapon profile modifiers (as was requested a short while back)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Dudemeister said:

No Ethereal/invulnerable saves?

Good! Noone must know that their big badies become as pillow-fisted as our own Nighthaunt heroes untill it is too late! 😆

I have no clue how I forgot to add `Ethereal` as a modifier, especially considering that I own and play Nighthaunt. I have released a quick patch to add the Ethereal modifier.

@damonhook damonhook released this 8 minutes ago

Changes

• Added Ethereal as a target modifier
  • LOVE IT! 2

Note: A quick update on what's been happening over the last week:

I have been taking some time to do some project maintenance (tests, docs, storybook, etc.) and have decided to convert the entire code base over to Typescript.

I am also adding in various QoL updates (e.g: an undo on the deleted unit/profile snackbar, tooltip, info page, etc. ).

It is near completion, and once it is out, I will return to tackling new / proposed features. 

• LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

@damonhook damonhook released this 2 hours ago · 6 commits to master since this release

Additions

• Added Undo action to delete Unit / Profile
  • Added Rerun button to Simulations screen

UI

• Changed primary colour in the light theme to better match the dark theme one
  • Renamed Advanced Stats -> Simulations to better reflect that they are sample probabilities
  • Added Return button and # simulations to Simulations Screen
  • Added an info dialog to the Simulations screen explaining the 3 tabs
  • Renamed Single tab -> Discrete
  • Renamed Tables tab -> Metrics
  • Added Info page that gives a small brief on the tools goal
  • Added Stats and Info to the Bottom Navigation on Apps
  • Added AppBar to PDF page
  • Lighten info notification in dark mode for better contrast

Fixes

• Fix table scrolling in Simulations screen when on mobile

Architecture

• Moved the entire codebase from Javascript over to Typescript
  • Like 2

Note: I had some issues with deploying 1.0.0 that meant I had to put the site into maintenance mode for a few minutes.
This is resolved and was due to a 3rd party library

@damonhook damonhook released this 3 minutes ago

Fixes

• Crash on load due to 3rd party library
    • A library used react-swipeable-views released an update (patch version) so bad that it caused anyone using said library to crash on launch...
    • I have pinned the library for now, and I am going to look into alternatives

@damonhook damonhook released this 3 minutes ago

Additions

• You can now customise how many simulations (per save) are performed
    • A higher number of simulations will give you more accurate results, however, will increase the load times
  • Added a lot more detail to the About page

UI

• Added Releases to the Footer and Drawer
  • Added the first draft of the new Logo (time to get off the react logo)

New Project: coming-soon

Edited by NoMaDhOoK
  • Like 3

aos-statshammer-reddit.png.43fc31b95973478e6c8fb345576df19a.png

Note:

I have upgraded the AoS Statshammer server to a paid tier, this should hopefully improve the response time of the simulations, and over the weekend I am going to do decide on a higher max limit for the customisable simulations slider.

Don't worry, the paid tier is still extremely cheap ($7 pm) so I have no intention of looking at monitisisation plans.

As for why I have decided to upgrade the server, I needed the free tier server for a new (sister) project that will be launching very very soon. I will obviously still continue to work on AoS Statshammer, and this will remain my primary project (I still have a lot of requested features to get to).

Here is a quick on-the-nose, terribly cheesy, totally unnecessary teaser for this new project:

teaser.png.c2105a05dbdcc5a6f687eaed95041fcb.png

Edited by NoMaDhOoK
  • Like 2

logo256.png.76c8078e3a26da3be608b84a9be47a25.png

Warcry Statshammer

A new sister project (Warcry Statshammer) has been released

URL: https://warcry-statshammer.herokuapp.com/

TGA Topic: 

NOTE: This does not mean that development has stopped for AoS Statshammer. AoS Statshammer will remain my main project, but Warcry Statshammer allows me to experiment and test new features in a much simpler environment. I can then take those learnings over to AoS Statshammer

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Additions

• Users can now toggle profile and target modifiers using a toggle switch (fixes #26).

UI

• Remove Beta Tag from non beta features
  • Small UI overhaul for Desktop (Mostly related to the drawer)
  • Add Warcry Statshammer links and buttons (fixes: #23)
  • Change SVG Text Object -> Path (fixes #25)
    • Use SVGIcon instead of loading through img src
  • Make the Left navigation bar responsive based on the following criteria (fixes #34)
    • Large: Show the full drawer
    • Medium: Show a Rail but let users open the drawer
    • Small: Hide the rail, let users open the drawer
  • Add an Average damage graph to the Metrics tab in the Simulations screen for easier reference

API

• Use a calculated population max (The actual max) rather than basing it on the max value of the simulated sample (fixes: #30)
    • This has had the effect of vastly improving the accuracy of the simulated metrics.
    • Also use the population mean, rather than the sample mean
  • Remove Median as the way the data is distributed, it is usually extremely close to mean anyway
  • Calculate frequency table on the fly, rather than creating a large results array first (fixes #32)
  • Completely refactor the response structure of the /api/simulate and /api/simulate/save endpoints for better visibility and extensibility.
  • Added Sentry to API to capture errors (Fixes: #39)

Notes

• This UI overhaul was more focused on navigation, the next one will be more about layout
  • Though it may not look it, this release had a huge amount of behind the scenes changes
  • Since the 2.0.0 branch, I have been using Github projects to greater effect, this means you can watch the project for a specific version to see the currently planned items, and their progress
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, NoMaDhOoK said:

Use a calculated population max (The actual max) rather than basing it on the max value of the simulated sample (fixes: #30)

Ha, I didn`t get initailly what you mean here, but I think note on github cleared it up for me.

So in essence sometimes v.low probability maximal damage would not be shown, right? Something like fleetmaster with venomfang blade who, at least in theory could cause 24 mortal wounds, but since probability is low it never shows up because you would need not thousands, but often milions or more simulations?

Also would it be possible to add export feature (to csv) to some of derivative stats? For example from window with average damage per save. So you could export something like table below. I mean, you obviously can copy and paste like I just did but maybe it could be useful. Though I have to admit, as I am typing this I am starting to doubt usefulness of such feature.

Save Kharybdyss Dreadspears Corsairs Darkshards Chariots
2+ 1.96 1.39 1.85 2.22 3.67
3+ 3.1 2.5 3.7 4.44 4.67
4+ 4.24 3.61 5.56 6.67 5.67
5+ 5.38 4.72 7.41 8.89 6.67
6+ 6.52 5.83 9.26 11.11 7.67
- 6.85 6.67 11.11 13.33 8
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 4:38 PM, Boar said:

Ha, I didn`t get initailly what you mean here, but I think note on github cleared it up for me.

So in essence sometimes v.low probability maximal damage would not be shown, right? Something like fleetmaster with venomfang blade who, at least in theory could cause 24 mortal wounds, but since probability is low it never shows up because you would need not thousands, but often milions or more simulations?

Yes, I probably didn't explain it very well in the release notes (it's a little hard to summarise in a bullet point or two). I'll take a little time this weekend to take some before and after screenshots, with detailed explanations, and post it here and on the subreddit as a means to explain why this seemingly small change actually makes quite a large impact on the quality of the results (this was a 2.0.0 release after all).

On 2/21/2020 at 4:38 PM, Boar said:

Also would it be possible to add export feature (to csv) to some of derivative stats? For example from window with average damage per save. So you could export something like table below. I mean, you obviously can copy and paste like I just did but maybe it could be useful. Though I have to admit, as I am typing this I am starting to doubt usefulness of such feature.

I do actually like this idea. I was already planning on overhauling the PDF export page to give users the ability to customise exactly what gets put in it. But now I think it would be better to make a more generic "Export" page, which lets you pick between CSV, or PDF (or other formats in the future) and customise what you want exported (with CSV obviously having more restrictions)

Edit: Here is the Github issue for the new Export screen planned in for v2.2.0 (with Google Drive Integration)

Edited by NoMaDhOoK
  • Like 1