AoS Statshammer: A tool for caclulating and comparing damage outputs for Warhammer Age of Sigmar units.

NoMaDhOoK

aos-statshammer-reddit.png.371ee4db26d54f2b6a2538e83e23c71b.png

AoS Statshammer:

Over the last month, in my free time, I have been building a website that allows you to add units -> weapon profiles (with modifiers) and it will calculate the average damage that unit would do against various saves (2+, 3+, 4+, 5+, 6+, -).

A reminder that there is a lot more to a unit than just their damage output. This is a tool, not a definitive answer of which unit is better

Note: I am going to keep this thread updated with release notes. 

Current features include:

• Ability to add up to 5 different Units, with up to 8 profiles each
  • Ability to add up to 5 modifiers per profile
  • Results are in the form of a table, line chart, bar chart, and radar chart
  • Dark Theme
  • Ability to use dice values where applicable (e.g: D3, D6)
  • Persistent storage for theme and units so a refresh won't lose all of your data
  • Import / Export of unit data
  • Export stats (table and graphs) to PDF
  • Ability to add modifiers to target (e.g: Reroll 1's to save, FNP, ethereal, etc.)

Planned Features include:

• More modifiers
  • An actual domain name
  • Ability to add modifiers to the unit as a whole (instead of just to each profile)
  • Ability to optionally add points values to unit to give an average damage / 100 points for better comparisons

Other notes:

• If you do this sort of math in your free time, and you notice that something is not right, please do let me know
  • The repo is public, so you are free to contribute through PR's or creating issues for feature requests/bugs

compare.png.02a9bcdbac2458f359ddb3fe3767c174.png

Edited by NoMaDhOoK
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 6
  • LOVE IT! 7

8 minutes ago, TheCovenLord said:

Small things. There is no reroll of anything less than total rerolls (ie  no option for rerolls of 1 to hit)

Also if you add conditional modifiers it results in an error "Failed to Fetch Stats"

Otherwise very cool tool. Just makes me sad to see the true output of some of my units haha

Thanks for checking it out and giving feedback

There should be 3 separate modifier options for rerolls (reroll, reroll failed, and reroll 1s). 

Conditional modifiers are very new (since this afternoon). Maybe there is some combination that causes the error. If possible could you let me know the configuration you tried so I can replicate it 

Edited by NoMaDhOoK

48 minutes ago, NoMaDhOoK said:

AoS Statshammer:

Over the last month, in my free time, I have been building a website that allows you to add units -> weapon profiles (with modifiers) and it will calculate the average damage that unit would do against various saves (2+, 3+, 4+, 5+, 6+, -).

A reminder that there is a lot more to a unit than just their damage output. This is a tool, not a definitive answer of which unit is better

Current features include:

• Ability to add up to 5 different Units, with up to 8 profiles each
  • Ability to add up to 5 modifiers per profile
  • Results are in the form of a table, line chart, bar chart, and radar chart
  • Dark Theme
  • Ability to use dice values where applicable (e.g: D3, D6)
  • Persistent storage for theme and units so a refresh won't lose all of your data
  • Import / Export of unit data

Planned Features include:

• More modifiers
  • An actual domain name
  • Ability to add modifiers to the unit as a whole (instead of just to each profile)
  • Export stats (table and graphs) to PDF
  • Ability to add modifiers to target (e.g: Reroll 1's to save, FNP, ethereal, etc.)
  • Ability to optionally add points values to unit to give an average damage / 100 points for better comparisons

Other notes:

• If you do this sort of math in your free time, and you notice that something is not right, please do let me know
  • The repo is public, so you are free to contribute through PR's or creating issues for feature requests/bugs
  • This is currently running on the free tier of Heroku, I may need to upgrade it, but will see

I have attached an example comparison between Poleaxes and Broadaxes for Hearthguard Berzerkers.

statshammer.png

Awesome! Can't wait for you to add the points element for better comparison! :)

2 hours ago, NoMaDhOoK said:

Thanks for checking it out and giving feedback

There should be 3 separate modifier options for rerolls (reroll, reroll failed, and reroll 1s). 

Conditional modifiers are very new (since this afternoon). Maybe there is some combination that causes the error. If possible could you let me know the configuration you tried so I can replicate it 

Make a unit of 3 models with 2 attacks each. 4+ to hit 3+ to wound -2 rend 3 damage with conditional modifier 6 to hit is an additional wound that is what generated the Stats Fetch Error. Its definitely the conditional modifier generating an extra damage on 6's to hit or wound causing it (it caused it whether the 6 was to hit or to wound). 

As for the reroll ones I had to scroll down on the menu to find it so my bad it does exist which is fantastic!

loving the tool so far

Edited by TheCovenLord

1 hour ago, TheCovenLord said:

Make a unit of 3 models with 2 attacks each. 4+ to hit 3+ to wound -2 rend 3 damage with conditional modifier 6 to hit is an additional wound that is what generated the Stats Fetch Error. Its definitely the conditional modifier generating an extra damage on 6's to hit or wound causing it (it caused it whether the 6 was to hit or to wound). 

As for the reroll ones I had to scroll down on the menu to find it so my bad it does exist which is fantastic!

loving the tool so far

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll dig into it some more tomorrow

*Edit:* I can't replicate it in chrome. But got it replicated on Samsung browser. I think it is an incompatibility with some browsers

I'll try get it all fixed up over the weekend. Thanks again. 

Edited by NoMaDhOoK

41 minutes ago, The_Dudemeister said:

All the features it already has are working perfectly! Can't wait for the updates, this will be my go-to tool for sure.

Can you already rearrange the 5 units or is it always dependant on which unit's profile you created first? If so, I'd like that feature added.

Re-arranging is something I plan on adding very soon. 

20 minutes ago, Eevika said:

Is there a way to put an attacks characteristic of 2d6 for example?

Not in the released build at the moment. To get the equivalent you can do d6 for attacks and add a bonus attacks modifier of another d6. 

In the branch I am currently working on I am added the functionality for 2d6 or d6+2 etc. So it shouldn't be long 

So after gathering some feedback from this thread, reddit (and mentions in other threads). The current plan for the next 2 releases are as follows:

Release 0.4.0 (the next one) [RELEASED]

• Full dice notation (e.g: `d3`, `2d3`, `3d6+2`, etc.)
  • Reordering of units, profiles, and modifiers (Buttons for now, draggable will come later, once I have got through some of the more important changes)
  • Graph axis labels
  • Ability to switch between tabbed graphs, and a graph list for Desktop
    • This is to make screenshots much easier until the next release, where I will tackle exporting as PDF
  • Extra modifiers that are identified between now and then
  • Some dark mode improvements to increase visibility (there is a dark mode currently, but it has some visibility issues)

Release 0.5.0 [RELEASED]:

• Ability to export results as PDF, containing the following items
    • Unit configuration
    • Stats Table
    • All 3 Graphs
  • Extra modifiers that are identified between now and then
  • Dark mode out of "beta"
Edited by NoMaDhOoK
Released 0.5.0 now
  • Like 3

Version 0.4.0 has now been released (see above post for full details). Along with the following bug fixes:

• Use React.memo and _.isEqual to avoid unnecessary re-renders when props
  • Ensure that attacks, and damage characteristics never go lower than 1
  • Fix a safari specific bug which caused the modifier inputs to change order when their values changed
  • Move from deprecated @babel/polyfill -> core-js and regenerator-runtime

This was a larger release so please do let me know if anything looks off. FYI: @Planar, @Eevika this means you can now do proper dice notation 

Lastly, I have noticed that most screenshots seem to be of the bar graph, so I am attaching a poll for whether the graph order should change: https://www.strawpoll.me/19084784

statshammer_0_4_0.png

Edited by NoMaDhOoK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is a great tool, makes it much easier to get an accurate overview of more complicated units like stormcast concussors with riders getting 1 mortal wound in addition on 6 to hit, while the mount gets d6 damage instead of 1 on 6s to wound and this tool can handle that.

Thank you for making this, great work.

1 hour ago, Sev said:

Thanks for sharing it!

It's awesome.

How would you encode the D3 or D6 on hit?

ex: balistas & co

If you are talking about the celestar ballista. You use the "exploding" modifier. Since the ability is d6 instead of 1 (and not D6 extra like most others). Just set the extra hits parameter to D6 - 1

Edit: this image is incorrect as I read the warscroll incorrectly. See my post below for updated

Screenshot_20191215-204708_Chrome.jpg

Edited by NoMaDhOoK
Incorrect info

29 minutes ago, Sev said:

Hmm

Seems like result ain't good...
are you sure about it?

D6-1 on 6 to hit doesnt sound right

Ahh, You are right, I read the warscroll wrong. It's not on a 6. It's on any hit. You should be able to do D6 - 1 on a {the hit roll} (so 5 for rapid fire, 3 for single).

Edit: I've attached examples of the 2 types of shots. The math does look correct by my quick calculations but I'll triple check and add it as a test case for the repo. 

Screenshot_20191215-220644_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191215-220723_Chrome.jpg

Edited by NoMaDhOoK
Added examples