Ironjawz questions

Radken

1 hour ago, Radken said:

Is this the errata you speak of?

Page 106 – Pitched Battles, Picking Your Army Change the last paragraph to read: ‘Once you have picked your army, record the details of it on a piece of paper (your army roster). The roster must include the units in your army, details of the upgrades they have, the army’s allegiance, and must say which model in the army will be the army general. If your army includes any units that are given keywords when they are set up, such as units with a Mark of Chaos, then these must be chosen and written down when the unit is added to the roster. You must record the allegiance abilities for your army when the battle begins, before setting up your first unit. You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to.

I still don't quite comprehend how this is legit, how can i make my list under the principal it is Ironjawz Allegiance, then come battle time say I declare allegiance to Destruction and still have valid battlelines?  I am curious how my local GW store interprets this.

it works kinda like this:

You list you army, right?

You check the keywords, then. You need a keyword they all share to find out your battle lines.

If all your units share ironjawz keyword, your entitled to an "upgrade", and you get brutes as battleline, instead of plain orcs (or grots, ogors, etc), it will be under notes, on the profile of the faction on GHB.

Thus, if you go mono army, you get better bls, and dont have to spend points in "weaker" unities. 

But if the only keyword all of them sahre is destruction, you have to use the "plain" bls - orruks, savage orruks, grots, ogros, etc. The ones marked as bl in GHB.

Right?

Well, now that you checked you allegiance for bl purposes, you do the samething for perks.

If all your army share ironjawz and destruction, you can choose the ironjawz (we dont have tem yet) or destruction perks.

If the only keyword they share is destruction, you only get to choose destruction´s.

TLTR:

mono armies get an upgrade on bls and get to choose  their perks form their faction (if they get those, like Savage Orruks and BCR), or from the GReat alliance they are part of..

Mixed armies get "plain" bls and can only choose perks from great alliance.

Awesome, just too bad i had bought some river trolls right before the whole destruction/ironjawz thing expecting to run an Ork list with Orruks, Black Orcs, Trolls etc....Now the only way I can field my Trolls is by NOT using my newly purchased Ironjawz...BOO

I can fit them into a 2000pts Destruction army, but not my 1000 or 2000pts Ironjawz army.

There really should be a 'Neutral' or some kind of exceptions line of units like the Trolls and Giants for Destruction that allows them to be incorporated into these Ironjawz or Bonesplittas lists and not negate the Battleline's.....

But i guess that'd be OP?

26 minutes ago, Dez said:

Yeah that would break the whole reason for Keywords :)

You can still take the trolls...you just need different Battleline units.

Exactly, there are benefits to playing vanilla destruction, just like there are benefits to running Ironjawz. It's these benefits that really make the list creation in the game good (and it heavily mimics list building in Infinity, which I love).

17 hours ago, Radken said:

Awesome, just too bad i had bought some river trolls right before the whole destruction/ironjawz thing expecting to run an Ork list with Orruks, Black Orcs, Trolls etc....Now the only way I can field my Trolls is by NOT using my newly purchased Ironjawz...BOO

I can fit them into a 2000pts Destruction army, but not my 1000 or 2000pts Ironjawz army.

You can also convert them to be "fellwater brutes", slap some iron on 'em and wutnot.  

20 hours ago, Radken said:

You can still run Orruks, Ardboys, Trolls, etc., you just need to make sure your 3 battleline units are covered... Which you can do with regular Greenskin Orruks, Savage Orruks, or grots. 

Archived