Reality-Splitting Axe

relic456

Question

Hey folks,

Does Korghos Khul/Mighty Lord of Khorne's Reality-Splitting Axe ability still trigger at the end of the phase if  KK/MLoK are slain before the end of the phase? I can see arguments for both yes and no and would be interested in your thoughts or rules support.

On the one hand, the ability states that as long as any wounds are inflicted, the ability triggers. On the other hand, do model's abilities still activate if they aren't on the battlefield?

Edited by relic456
  • Like 1

7 answers to this question

It's not in the main rules to my knowledge, however if for example you cast "Mystic Shield" on a unit. Then in your opponents turn the wizard is killed, the spell is still in effect until your next Hero phase. 

Another example is if you put a warchantta buff on a unit. If the Warchantta is killed the effect of his Chants aren't lost. 

The damage from the MLKs attack were still inflicted regardless if he's been killed or not. And I can't see anywhere saying in wouldn't work if he had died. 

Edited by #SteveJames
  • Thanks 1

The effect of KK/MLK Reality-Splitting Axe would still activate even if KK/MLK had been killed. 

Abilities don't automatically stop working because a model has died. 

However sometimes an ability may say "if a unit is within x" of this model" in this case the ability would stop working as you can't be within x if the models not on the table. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, #SteveJames said:

And I can't see anywhere saying in wouldn't work if he had died. 

That's not how rules work. You cannot possibly go into a rules argument with nothing but an opinion and demand everyone to abide to your point of view. And my understanding is that relic asked here not to get even more opinions from both sides but a rules clarification.

If I had that unit, I'd ask in my local meta how we want to play it. Nothing I found in the core rules, FAQs for the rules and FAQs for armies with similar abilities mentioned a fringe case like that. 

PS: Personally I too think it should be played like the different abilities in that it will always trigger no matter what as to not nerf it. But that's just like my opinion, man

Edited by The_Dudemeister