Middle Earth Trees

Lior'Lec

Hey all, I have a question for anyone who’s familiar with the scenery model kits for the Middle Earth SBG. I recently came across three boxes of GW’s middle earth trees terrain, and from looking at the box’s photos it looks an awful lot like the (old) Sylvaneth wildwood model. Are these actually the same models just reboxed or are they different models and slightly smaller because of the different scale used in the two games? Sorry forgot to take photos of the boxes when I saw them.

Are you sure it was LOTR scenery? I don't remember there ever being a forest set for that game, certainly there isn't one sold by GW these days.

The Sylvaneth Wyldwoods used to be sold as 'Citadel Wood' but that was for Warhammer Fantasy originally. The details on them are very Warhammer-y and wouldn't really fit with the style of LOTR so I'd be very surprised if they were ever sold as Middle-Earth terrain.