Khorne Questions for 1st tourny

Blisterfeet

Question

Hi everyone got my first tourny with my new army this weekend and after a quick Google search and FAQ read I'm struggling to find the answer to these;

1) Does loathsome sorcery bubble affect my slaughter priests casting their prays? 

- I've read online about reroll casts cancelling each other out and that unmodified rolls can fail and then pass etc but I don't see this written in the warscroll that helps explain it affecting your spells.

1b) Following on from this if I am successful with my cast I then HAVE to reroll before they cast an unbind?

2) Can a Chaos Lord on Manticore be the general for a Goretide list and take 'hew the foe'? 

- Azyr doesn't seem to allow me to do this and I want to run him with sword of judgement

Thanks for all your answers

3 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

1) Does loathsome sorcery bubble affect my slaughter priests casting their prays? 

- I've read online about reroll casts cancelling each other out and that unmodified rolls can fail and then pass etc but I don't see this written in the warscroll that helps explain it affecting your spells.

1b) Following on from this if I am successful with my cast I then HAVE to reroll before they cast an unbind?

Spells and prayers are entirely different things. Prayers are basicly normal abilities. They aren't casted, can't get unbound by wizards and things that affect spells don't affect prayers.

26 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

2) Can a Chaos Lord on Manticore be the general for a Goretide list and take 'hew the foe'? 

- Azyr doesn't seem to allow me to do this and I want to run him with sword of judgement

It should be possible because the Chaos Lord on Manticore can get the Khorne Keyword.

In case of the Artefact, you need at least 1 hero who takes the "Thronebreaker's Torc" which is not the Chaos Lord of Manticore in that case and to take the sword of judgement you need an Battalion (so you get a second artefact)

Just now, EMMachine said:

Spells and prayers are entirely different things. Prayers are basicly normal abilities. They aren't casted, can't get unbound by wizards and things that affect spells don't affect prayers.

It should be possible because the Chaos Lord on Manticore can get the Khorne Keyword.

In case of the Artefact, you need at least 1 hero who takes the "Thronebreaker's Torc" which is not the Chaos Lord of Manticore in that case and to take the sword of judgement you need an Battalion (so you get a second artefact)

So I thought that prayers might be different that is good to know so I am unaffected.

As for the Chaos lord artefacts I am running Gore Pilgrims with Goretide so the Torc is going on my Bloodsecrator or Mighty Khorne Lord. 

So this would be my second artefact allowed going on my Chaos Lord, does that make it legal? 

4 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

So I thought that prayers might be different that is good to know so I am unaffected.

As for the Chaos lord artefacts I am running Gore Pilgrims with Goretide so the Torc is going on my Bloodsecrator or Mighty Khorne Lord. 

So this would be my second artefact allowed going on my Chaos Lord, does that make it legal?

It should be legal. Most likely an Error in Azyr.

• Thanks 1