First game plan help?

Hey, new here. I'm going to play my first game of AOS tomorrow, but I was wondering if I could have some strategy help. I know I need to get the first charge in, but I'm not sure how to. Also, general pestilens strategy? My list is

>plague furnace (with chaos talisman to stay alive)
>30 plague monks
>30 plague monks
>congregation of filth
>plague priest (general with lord of war and crown of conquest)
>plague claw (gonna replace next week)

I dont need to take battle shock tests because of crown. Thanks to priest, chaos reigns, and lord of war, I'm always hitting and wounding on 3+ with rerolled hits, extra attacks on the charge, and -1 rend on 5 and 6. My opponents play flesh eaters and gutbuster (this guy uses lead belchers and a tyrant as his army), but he may go beast claw. Which furnace buff should I use, and how do I get the first charge? And over all, how do I use my army right?

15 hours ago, Ratamaplata said:

Aren't you allowed to use GA stuff anyway? Being Pestilens faction doesn't stop you being Chaos allegiance? 

This is correct, and once Pestilens and all the others have their own abilities, you'll be able to choose between the faction specific or GA allegiance traits, artefacts etc :) 

On 13/08/2016 at 4:34 AM, Smart-Clever Rat said:

Hey, new here. I'm going to play my first game of AOS tomorrow, but I was wondering if I could have some strategy help. I know I need to get the first charge in, but I'm not sure how to. Also, general pestilens strategy? My list is

>plague furnace (with chaos talisman to stay alive)
>30 plague monks
>30 plague monks
>congregation of filth
>plague priest (general with lord of war and crown of conquest)
>plague claw (gonna replace next week)

I dont need to take battle shock tests because of crown. Thanks to priest, chaos reigns, and lord of war, I'm always hitting and wounding on 3+ with rerolled hits, extra attacks on the charge, and -1 rend on 5 and 6. My opponents play flesh eaters and gutbuster (this guy uses lead belchers and a tyrant as his army), but he may go beast claw. Which furnace buff should I use, and how do I get the first charge? And over all, how do I use my army right?

use bless with filth to get re-rolls to wound. I've never used the other one , but I imagine it's good if you are tarpitted and in a grindfest.

Give your opponent the first turn if you can by deploying all your congregation of filth in one drop, that way you finihs deployment first and get to choose who goes first. Always always give them the first turn. Unless its a shooting army, and they aren't going to charge you, then you take the first turn and shoot him with your catapult. 

If he takes the first turn then wait for him to move up into charge range which is what usually happens as they often don't know the speed/range of the Plague Furnace and assume its only 6" or something, then charge him.

Use the monks to surround the plague furnace and get its movement up to 15" 

at the very least the plague furnace will get a first turn charge in and hold his unit in place as an anvil, don't expect it to kill much but it will hold stuff in place with its 4+ save (especially if you have a Corruptor and give it mystic shield)

Then they are stuck there ready for your monks to arrive and charge in by turn 2 at the lastest (ideally turn 1)

You get re-rolls to charge and a ward save of 6 as long as your plague furnace is alive with the Congregation of Filth, so it's a bit risky making it your general and your main synergizing unit.

I use a Corruptor for my general usually as he has the +1 attack command ability which helps a lot

On 13/08/2016 at 4:11 PM, Smart-Clever Rat said:

I should note that in my store we're aloes to use the GA stuff even if we are running a pure pestilens (to name an example) just to keep up with the new factions.

On 13/08/2016 at 11:52 PM, Ratamaplata said:

Aren't you allowed to use GA stuff anyway? Being Pestilens faction doesn't stop you being Chaos allegiance? 

yeah sorry I should really change that, it was written before I really understood how to use the abilities correctly

This is my current 1k list

1 Corruptor

1 Furnace

1 Priest

20 Plague Monks

10 Plague Monks

1 Plagueclaw

Only played one game with it so far , but it did ok.

You don't need units of 30 at 1000pts to be honest, I think its a bit overkill, 20 will do great. Let me know if you have any other questions and add some bat reps and reviews and stuff to the Pestilens thread man! J.

Archived