Warherd 2000 pts, very niche?

Necronomicon

Hey ya'll,

I've experimenting with making a nice looking Warherd list. It's very niched. Not many options and basically uses everything there is... Modelwise i think it would look incredible on the table but im unsure how it would play out in the game (since i havent played that many games yet), what do you think?

Doombull 120 pts

Doombull 120 pts

6x Bullgors 360 pts

6x Bullgors 360 pts

3x Bullgors 180 pts

Cygor 200 pts

Ghorgon 220 pts

Ghorgon 220 pts

Ghorgon 220 pts

2000 pts sharp

Im a fan of the Doombull and Bullgors but im unsure about the Ghorgon and Cygor. Looking at the rules and comparing them to other monsters they seem lackluster. Would it be better to drop them or reorganize and go for more bullgors? Could a warherd list compete in matched play?

9 minutes ago, Digdug said:

What do you think of the Bullgor Stampede?  Seems like that list could really benefit from spending points on that battalion and maybe drop the 3x Bullgor unit.  Would get you an extra artefact too.

Haven't looked into any formations actually. What are the requirements/cost/benefits of the stampede? Sounds interesting

It's pretty great, but slightly less so with the Rules of One.  You get the bonus attack on 5+ to wound rather than 6+, and a chance for mortal wounds on a charge.  You need 3 units of Bullgors (but good news, you need 3 to make Battleline anyway), a Doombull, and a Ghorgon.

Ghorgons are also pretty great.  The chance to heal is powerful, and they can hit pretty hard.

You could try running the Bloodscorched Wartribe formation from Godbeasts with this list too. I don't know if it's been point in the GH but it's 3 X units of Bullgors + 2 X Ghorgons. They gain the Mark of Khorne and some other cool stuff.

Im definitely planning on running something similar once I've finished my Bloodbound.

but slightly less so with the Rules of One.

You mean devastatingly less so, like 25% less. The Ghorgon was generating 2 extra attacks on a wound roll of 4+. Under SCGT that was massive. Beastmen were actually competitive back then.

On a positive note, someone brought a Bloodscorched Bulltribe to Rain of Stars and it looked ace!

Archived