AOS plague monks

Twisted magpie

Question

An I reading correctly that a unit of plague monks with fetid blade and staff of woe when blessed with rabid-rabid and having just charges will have 7 attacks each in the front row and 3 attacks for the second row?

That just seems a bit much really considering with a unit of over 30 they hit on 3 and wound on 3 (staff wound on 4)

4 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

This is why I hate Skaven players. 

Aaand did this is the reason why I only imagine the possibilities of buffing a already fantastic unit to an almost hateful level up, and don’t really use them.

really! The only time I’ve used plague monks and the so hated endless spell was against a friend who used fec grislegore.

always attacking first terrorgheists were madness.

Now where was I?

Ah yes-yes the time for plan-scheming  has arrived. 

were to start what factions to erase-destroy, which god to slay-kill, and what daemon to steal-take it’s place!?

Yes-yes, soon soon I’ll have my answer,

till then be aware of the danger beneath!

Edited by Skreech Verminking

10 minutes ago, Twisted magpie said:

An I reading correctly that a unit of plague monks with fetid blade and staff of woe when blessed with rabid-rabid and having just charges will have 7 attacks each in the front row and 3 attacks for the second row?

That just seems a bit much really considering with a unit of over 30 they hit on 3 and wound on 3 (staff wound on 4)

Well remember that their 25mm bases are less then a inch, meaning that basically the second range will be able to attack with everything as well.

so basically in a unit of 40you’ll probably will be getting in average 20guys attacking each with 7attacks and a third rank of 10monks ripping the rest to shreds with their remaining 3attacks per base.

and yes with rabid-rabid and chargin they’ll be able to do 7attacks each.

should you ever consider going full out of them, let me suggest tou taking the skavenbrew or Skalm artefact, granting them another attack per weapon.

go further and you can reroll basically everything with the command ability of the corruptor.

and of you really want your enemy dead, inject some warpstone fuel with the vigordust injector into your plague monks granting them another +1 to the hit role.

and should you ever fear of them dying well, there’s a reason we have deathfrenzy😂.

and Yeah, you really don’t have to tell me, how absurd plague monks already, are!

I believe already everybody knows how good they are (almost to good for their cheap price)