Destiny Dice and rerolls

Karragon

Question

So I'm a little confused by how destiny dice work with rerolls. In the DoT FAQ there's this:

Q: Can I use a Destiny Dice for a re-roll?

A: No. A re-roll is not considered to be a new dice roll, it is the original dice roll taken again. The Destiny Dice would therefore need to be used before the first roll was made.

Does that mean that if I use a destiny die and then rerolled I still get the value of the destiny die?

An example from a game this weekend. I use a 5 from my destiny dice pool to cast a spell on my LoC, making it a success. The nearby Bloodsecrator forces me to reroll successful castings.

Do I a) reroll both dice or b) retain the 5 and reroll the other die

1 answer to this question

19 minutes ago, Karragon said:

So I'm a little confused by how destiny dice work with rerolls. In the DoT FAQ there's this:

Does that mean that if I use a destiny die and then rerolled I still get the value of the destiny die?

An example from a game this weekend. I use a 5 from my destiny dice pool to cast a spell on my LoC, making it a success. The nearby Bloodsecrator forces me to reroll successful castings.

Do I a) reroll both dice or b) retain the 5 and reroll the other die

I think the point of the FAQ is not that a Distiny Dice can't be forced to be rerolled.

This question is in there to prevent the player from rolling the dice and than using a re-roll ability to switch one dice with a destiny dice.