What is your favorite realm concept and why?

What is your favorite realm concept?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite realm concept?

• Ghur
    • Ghyran
    • Shyish
    • Ulgu
    • Hyish
    • Aqshy
    • Chamon
    • Azyr
    • Chaos

I like Ulgu, Shyish and Chamon personally. I like stuff like lots of darkness, fog, Hades and flying islands and stuff like that so those three realms cover my itches. :)

I don't really count the Realm of Chaos towards "the realms" per se as it's not part of the "core realms" although I like some its madness a lot.

Edited by MitGas

On 7/8/2019 at 7:45 PM, Kamose said:

"...constantly giving birth."  That's all I'll say.

Ok, ok, I'll explain myself a bit.  I chose Ghyran and that is part of a quote about what can happen at the Realm's Edge in Ghyran.  If you consider the implications of that statement, I think it has to be the single most GrimDark thing GW has ever written. 

Have you been reading fan fiction in the dark corners of the web again? 🤔

I promise I haven't! 😉 However I am guilty of misquoting my sources. The actual quote:

"Much of the Realm of Life's perimeter is a jungle of jade so thick it is impenetrable - those who approach it may sprout foliage all over, perpetually give birth, sire new forms of life, or take root entirely."

- AoS Core Book, pg 82

All of those options are pretty Grimdark honestly. I like to think that if humans "sprout foliage all over", then perhaps the same thing is happening to the plants. Imagine a tree sprouting arms and legs and faces and 'unmentionable bits' all over. Has a real Cronenberg feel to it! 😫

Edited by Kamose
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I am sufficiently drunken enough rum to try and revive this thread.

anyways, I did have the vote open for multiple places, and I am going to say why I really love Ghyran. Living in a heavily forested state of the Midwest, I can honestly just look out on a horizon and see trees stretch for miles. I can imagine townships and such in this area, and as silly as it sounds I can imagine that this is what the realm of life looks like. Green as far as the eye can see, rolling hills, trees... honestly one of the more Mundane fantasy settings, but one I can sink my teeth into in terms of daydreaming while on a drive or looking out the window.

• Like 1