The Painting Contract - July 2019

On 7/3/2019 at 10:19 AM, RuneBrush said:

Well it's crunch time for my Legion of Grief... and time isn't on my side! Out of the 4 weekends this month, 2 are almost completely written off with a combination of a beer fest and visitors staying 😲  However, that's not going to stop me having a punt at trying to get this lot finished...

The targets for this month:

• 10 Chainrasp
  • 2 x 10 Skeleton Warriors
  • 2 x 20 Dreadscythe Harridans
  • 21 Bladegheist
  • 2 Dreadblade Harrows
  • Guardian of Souls
  • Tomb Banshee

The intention is to get them "battle ready" (to coin the trendy term) - so painted up with base colours to an acceptable standard to put onto a table.  The extra shading and highlighting will come at a later date (before November)

Stretch goals (which I really need to at least start):

• Reikenor the Grimhailer
  • Mortis Engine
  • Necromancer
  • Soulscream Bridge

Happily I can pretty much put a tick in the "done" box next to most of the above.  The Guardian of Souls and Necromancer haven't been done yet although Reikenor has.  The Tomb Banshee needs her corset painted and then she'll be done.  I've also made a change and going for the Horrorgheist rather than the Soulscream Bridge - purely because it's less to paint!

EAwQpqSXoAAl9u8.jpg:large

• Like 4

Sorry, bit late with posting as I was away last week. Didn't do as much as I hoped for, only able to finish 3 Reapers and 6 Chainrasp from the Soulwar box. 

Grimghast.jpg.5e05ea480ccc49cb910b551b450d3de3.jpg

892524559_ChainraspGrimghast.jpg.648156a4ce659071b29fbeb4e19421f4.jpg

1562921320_ChainraspGrimghast.jpg.f306169b1b3aa0a807d4ecb3c4d6ddba.jpg

In addition also a Stormcast model from soulwars as I wanted to try out some of the contrast paints for a bit, as I don't collect SCE they are perfect for practising for a bit. Mixed feelings. I think it worked out as I hoped for on the robe and such. Bone also was good, although I might prefer white next time, not sure yet. As expected larger flat areas like the shield and shoulderpads I found harder. Probably needs more practise.

SCE.jpg.f5951eeee05a81c6f69833f6263d73e6.jpg

• Like 4