New player, just finished painting my first model tonight:)

Therchias

So I just got into AoS a few weeks ago.  I chose Skaven as my army so I got the Pestilins box.  Its taken me a few weeks to get my models assembled but I finished with my last model the other night.  So two days ago I started painting my Plague Furnace.  Why I chose it as my first attempt at painting, I dunno but I put about 10 hours at least in it.

I won’t lie, it has flaws.  I assembled it before painting and I have large hands but I did my best.  It was lots of fun, can’t wait to do the rest of them.  With my army I decided to not use the typical green for my warpstones.  

A0919DBA-40E5-45AB-BCFD-A08A6B339AD1.jpeg

31645C3D-B34A-497A-97EF-49EB281A150C.jpeg

750DEF24-2AF7-4EB2-ADE8-FAED774C8E4D.jpeg

0D81B1D9-A6EC-45E0-897F-F5751B3EE281.jpeg

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Therchias said:

So I just got into AoS a few weeks ago.  I chose Skaven as my army so I got the Pestilins box.  Its taken me a few weeks to get my models assembled but I finished with my last model the other night.  So two days ago I started painting my Plague Furnace.  Why I chose it as my first attempt at painting, I dunno but I put about 10 hours at least in it.

I won’t lie, it has flaws.  I assembled it before painting and I have large hands but I did my best.  It was lots of fun, can’t wait to do the rest of them.  With my army I decided to not use the typical green for my warpstones.  

A0919DBA-40E5-45AB-BCFD-A08A6B339AD1.jpeg

31645C3D-B34A-497A-97EF-49EB281A150C.jpeg

750DEF24-2AF7-4EB2-ADE8-FAED774C8E4D.jpeg

0D81B1D9-A6EC-45E0-897F-F5751B3EE281.jpeg

Welcome, welcome my friend, welcome to the under-empire.

ps: your models look quite good😉

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Welcome, welcome my friend, welcome to the under-empire.

ps: your models look quite good😉

Thank you very much, that means a lot.  I learned tons about painting during this.  When I eventually make the screaming bell, I will paint as I assemble.  For now I have a Plagueclaw to paint.  I’ll post pics of that when its done.  

5 hours ago, Therchias said:

Thank you very much, that means a lot.  I learned tons about painting during this.  When I eventually make the screaming bell, I will paint as I assemble.  For now I have a Plagueclaw to paint.  I’ll post pics of that when its done.  

Welcome to TGA and I have a tip for you about Screaming Bell - I've painted it as follows: One big part of the model consisting of: one side, cross sections, 3 wheels, bottom section that holds the wheels, bladed ram and front platform. Then the arch with a bell was separate, you really want to file down the parts that plugs into the rest of the model since with paint on it it will become too tight. Then the second side section was separate, other 3 wheels were separate, grey seer, rat ogor and platform that he sits on all separate. So 9 pieces total