Skaven Battlion in Nurgle Army

Paladork

Question

So I haven't found a clear answer so thought I'd just ask.  I'm planning on running some plague monks and plague furnace in my nurgle army, can I take one of the Clan Pestiliens battalions from the Skaven book and run it in my Nurgle army?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, King Taloren said:

Yes because pestillens have the nurgle keyword and can be taken as normal troops, the battalion also has the Nurgle keyword iirc.

In case of Battalions they only have the Keyword of the Allegiance and the Grand Allegiance if it isn't stated otherwise (like in case of the 4 Chaos God Battalions for Beasts of Chaos).

Page 82 – Followers of the Brass Bull
Change to:

‘Units from this battalion gain the Khorne keyword. In
addition, this warscroll battalion is part of the Khorne
faction and the Beasts of Chaos faction.’

So the Pestilens Battlions do not have such a statement and so don't have the Nurgle keyword and would count as allies in a Nurgle List.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:24 PM, King Taloren said:

Yes because pestillens have the nurgle keyword and can be taken as normal troops, the battalion also has the Nurgle keyword iirc.

That is incorrect as the battalion itself lacks the Nurgle keyword. Nor is one of the battalion keywords a viable Nurgle ally. If the battalion itself had an ally keyword, it and all units within would then count as allies, even though they themselves have the Nurgle keyword. Its the same situation the Everchosen mortal battalions suffer from in relation to the god armies and why the BoC battalion had to have the god keywords erratad in to function properly.

So the Beasts Depraved Drove battalion has a similar errata:

Page 85

– Marked by the Decadent Fiend

Change to:

‘Units from this battalion gain the Slaanesh

keyword. In addition, this warscroll battalion is part of the

Slaanesh faction and the Beasts of Chaos faction.’

Does this mean that if I include a Depraved Drove in my Hedonites army it will allow me an additional artefact just like adding a Hedonites battalion would? Confused because the Battlescribe data won't currently allow it.

4 hours ago, Gutpile said:

At the moment all 4 Godbattalions of the Beasts of Chaos have such a rule with the Errata (an older Battalion with a quite similar rule is in Legions of Nagash)

4 hours ago, Gutpile said:

Does this mean that if I include a Depraved Drove in my Hedonites army it will allow me an additional artefact just like adding a Hedonites battalion would? Confused because the Battlescribe data won't currently allow it.

Yes, you unlock an additional artefact, because you have included a battalion.