Most Defensive armies?

15 hours ago, Killamike said:

If his getting an army specifically for tournaments then tell him to have a look at what's been doing well. 

If u want the most defensive and one of the most offensive armies go hagg nar daughters of khaine. 

Free people's is a terrible option.  Point something at the general and watch it all come tumbling down.  And there is so many things out there that can do this.  

Okay well if you play Free Peoples with a list entirely built around one single general and having him be your only source of synergy, then I'm not surprised you think they're terrible. Not to mention anyone with some foresight can plan for this obvious weakness. Hell, anyone that stacks their army around one dude is skating on thin ice so hard to say that Free Peoples are an offender.

I would agree that Stormcast are better suited to the person's needs, coming from 40k, but Free Peoples are very much a valid choice for what he wants, and something I can give good feedback on, since I actually play them and not Stormcast.

• Like 1

It's cool dude.  If you wanna champion your army go for it. 

His getting two armies,  one for fun one for tournaments. 

Personally I wouldn't lead him down the path of an army that doesn't do well in tournaments. 

I also think free people are a very cool army and have a lot of potential as far as hobby goes,  so I'm not throwing shade at them. Just giving unbiased feedback (I hate daughters). 

• Like 2