Mono Khorne 2,000

Maddok

I'm tuning up my Khorne for GH matched play tournaments, and below is what I've come up with. The next tournament I'm headed to randomizes command traits and artifacts, so I can't really control those. My general aim with this list is to get units to have extra attacks on weapons that really shouldn't have them. 

• Wrath of Khorne Blood Thirster  -    360
  • Blood Thirster of Insensate Rage-   280
  • Blood Secrator -                                 120
  • Blood Stoker                                        80
  • Skull cannon                                      180
  • Skull cannon                                      180
  • 20 Blood reavers (battle line)           120
  • 10 Blood reavers (battle line)             60
  • 10 blood reavers (battle line)             60
  • Soul Grinder                                       280
  • Soul Grinder                                       280

Turn 1, the WoK thirster uses its command ability on the Blood thirster of insensate rage while the blood stoker whips it for a blood thirster bomb. Banner gets planted to get it to 5 attacks. Both grinders run and shoot, while the cannons shoot, and the WoK flies up and shoots. The impact of that shooting can hopefully remove any dire turn 1 threats. Turn 2 there are 4 behemoths in the opponets face, followed up by the rabble - the blood reavers.

Thoughts?

here's my next khorne list. 

Unit name Minumum Models in unit Cost Number of units Unit cost Models Total
Mighty lord of khorne 1 140 1 140 1 1860
    0 1860
Blood warriors 5 100 8 800 40 1060
Daemon prince of khorne 1 160 1 160 1 900
Wrath of khorne bloodthirster 1 360 1 360 1 540
Blood secreator 1 120 2 240 2 300
Slaughterbrute 1 200 1 200 1 100
Slaughterpriest with hackblade. 1 100 1 100 1 0
        0 0 0

more of an elite list, the big beasts go in an draw the fire deal some damage, secure objectives, an the huge unit of 30 blood warriors pile in after.

@Maddok because you're already so daemon heavy, running bloodletters as your battleline might be your best option. They have a chance to inflict mortal wounds, +1 to hit if the unit is 20+ and can still benefit from the bloodsecrator and blood stoker. By running blood reavers you're missing out on being able to use the Bloodthirster's command ability. 

@BloodBeast - I totally agree with the potential of bloodletters as battleline. My only issue with them is I think they're best at 30. You need that +1 to hit for them to be effective. If I need to field 3 battle line units, then I'm looking at 900 points of blood letters. The other issue there is that I'd have to paint 90 blood letters haha

@Maddok Wow thats true, thats a lot of red to paint. I'm planning on busting out some Khorne daemons after I finish my Bloodbound, the mix and match options once i have both done are really exciting. Bloodstoker + Bloodsecrator + Bloodletter hordes + Wrathmongers seems like too much fun to not at least try it.

Been loving Bloodsecrator + Blood stoker + WoK thirster command ability all on the Blood Thirster of Insensate Rage. If you can get wrath mongers close enough he gets 6 attacks.

My last tournament in one swing he killed 3 giants, a mangler squig and a goblin hero because he did 12 mortal wounds via splash damage. It was ridiculous

Archived