AoS 2 - Destruction 2000 points | Monster Mayhem!

T e e t h p a s t e

Hello all, here I have 2 lists themed around the Monstrous Arcanum, thus using the Grand Alliance: Destruction rules.

I know I should play for what I enjoy, but I like the sound of them both equally and cannot decide, so I'm putting it forward to you people and with being relatively new to AoS I was hoping to get some criticisms on the lists relating to competitive play and how they would perform.

List 1:

Allegiance: Destruction | Realms of Battle: Hysh

Leaders:

• Grot Shaman = 80 points - General | Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch | Command Trait: Ravager

Battleline:

• 20x Grots /w Jabbin’ Spears and shields = 100 points

• 20x Grots /w Grot Bow = 100 points

Behemoths:

• Magma Dragon = 540 points

Total = 2000 points

Game plan:

• Magma Dragons: Fly around as a pack, or individually if required and roast anything within range

• Grots: Hold objectives and pick off any stranglers that may be lurking too close for comfort to the Magma Dragons with their bows. The ones with spears and shields are simply a screen

• Grot Shaman: A source of magic, be it for defence, offence or something else.

———————————————————————

Now, the next list is more themed and probably less competitive but here it is.

List 2:

Allegiance: Destruction | Realms of Battle: Ghur

Leader:

• Fimirach Noble = 140 points - General | Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm | Command Trait: Wild Fury

• Madcap Shaman = 80 points

Battleline:

• Fimir Warriors x6 = 280 points

• Fimir Warriors x3 = 140 points

Behemoths:

Total = 2000 points

Game plan:

• Magma Dragons: Fly around as a duo, or individually if required and roast anything within range.

• Fimir Warriors: To hold objectives/ provide support for the Magma Dragons or pose a threat, since in comparison to the Grots they hit a lot harder, and are a lot harder to get rid of.

• Fimirach Noble: Sit around the Fimir Warriors and use his command ability buff all the Fimir Warriors.

On 4/29/2019 at 3:26 PM, T e e t h p a s t e said:

Hello all, here I have 2 lists themed around the Monstrous Arcanum, thus using the Grand Alliance: Destruction rules.

I know I should play for what I enjoy, but I like the sound of them both equally and cannot decide, so I'm putting it forward to you people and with being relatively new to AoS I was hoping to get some criticisms on the lists relating to competitive play and how they would perform.

List 1:

Allegiance: Destruction | Realms of Battle: Hysh

Leaders:

• Grot Shaman = 80 points - General | Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch | Command Trait: Ravager

Battleline:

• 20x Grots /w Jabbin’ Spears and shields = 100 points

Behemoths:

Total = 2000 points

Game plan:

• Magma Dragons: Fly around as a pack, or individually if required and roast anything within range

• Grots: Hold objectives and pick off any stranglers that may be lurking too close for comfort to the Magma Dragons with their bows. The ones with spears and shields are simply a screen

• Grot Shaman: A source of magic, be it for defence, offence or something else.

———————————————————————

Now, the next list is more themed and probably less competitive but here it is.

List 2:

Allegiance: Destruction | Realms of Battle: Ghur

Leader:

• Fimirach Noble = 140 points - General | Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm | Command Trait: Wild Fury

• Madcap Shaman = 80 points

Battleline:

• Fimir Warriors x3 = 140 points

Behemoths:

Total = 2000 points

Game plan:

• Magma Dragons: Fly around as a duo, or individually if required and roast anything within range.

• Fimir Warriors: To hold objectives/ provide support for the Magma Dragons or pose a threat, since in comparison to the Grots they hit a lot harder, and are a lot harder to get rid of.

• Fimirach Noble: Sit around the Fimir Warriors and use his command ability buff all the Fimir Warriors.

I'm my humble opinion, I think that using 3 Magma Dragons (I own 2 of them) is too much because of their cost and the fact that in some Battleplans you need heroes or wizards to keep objectives.

My list with them:

Fungoid Cave Shaman 90

Fungoid Cave Shaman 90

Fungoid Cave Shaman 90

Grot Shaman 80

60x grots with bows 270

20 grots with spears 100

20 grots with spears 100

Magma Dragon 540

Magma Dragon 540

Mork's Mighty Mushroom 80

tot: 1980