How do I do the rune shoulder glow?

Ravinsild

Personally, I think there are 2 ways you can go:

1. Start with a black basecoat and progressively make highlights towards the middle. Finally add a mid tone (orange?) on the edges to imitate glow.

2. Start with a white basecoat and go progressively darker from the centre. Add the glow on the edges.

Here is a more complicated tutorial for a bigger surface, but it shows you the general idea 

4 hours ago, Krzyek said:

Personally, I think there are 2 ways you can go:

1. Start with a black basecoat and progressively make highlights towards the middle. Finally add a mid tone (orange?) on the edges to imitate glow.

2. Start with a white basecoat and go progressively darker from the centre. Add the glow on the edges.

Here is a more complicated tutorial for a bigger surface, but it shows you the general idea 

Big thanks! I guess I just apply that to inside the arrows huh, going white and getting darker the further from the center I go.

@Ravinsild Yes, it’s absolutely horrible! You’ve totally ruined it and would be best off just shipping it to me, getting yourself a new one, and starting completely over. Sorry, hate to be the bearer of bad news and all.

But seriously it’s looking very nice so far, my only concern is that you may have started out too dark in the runes for the glow effect you wanted. At least on my screen it looks like a fairly deep red tone all the way through it. 

The overall paint job is really nicely done.

The glowing runes are terrible foe what you wanted to achieve. However, all is not lost.

You've got a solid dark red starting point. In the middle, now apply Fire Dragon Orange, in the very middle of that, apply Uriel Yellow.

If that's all too much effort, apply Stormcast Silver, then Nuln Oil gloss, and finally Bloodletter glaze.

Archived